Which S-Rank Weapon?

<('-'<)

satos0798 - Discord -6:00 CST
Looking to acquire my first s-rank weapon, and can't decide if I'd rather have Demons Mechs or a Demons Needle.

I've got a FOney, FOnewm, HUcast, and RAmar that I play.

Love the RAmar, he just lacks the all encompassing AoE of the FOs and the power of the HUcast.
Needle would probably bring him into uber usefulness, and I'd probably wind up playing him almost exclusively for awhile.

Mechs would be usable on any of my chars.

Anyone out there have any advice about their 1st s-rank?
Pick something and regret it?
Pick something and immediately fell in love with it?

based on the logic you set out, the demon mechs would be most usable by all the characters your currently have.

that being said, demon needle is a fantastic weapon to have in your arsenal. additionally, (and this is my opinion), i find that demon mechs can be difficult to activate on my foney, and for single target demons i definitely prefer my 50h bringers. ymmv though.

go with your gut. whatever seems most useful to you in how you play and what you play most. other sranks will come in time.

fwiw demons needle was my first, hell needle my second, but i almost always main ranger.

Since you have no sranks I would say neither needle or demons mechs. I would go with either Blizzard/Arrest + Hell Jcutter as these are essential for HU/FO classes and Rangers can make do with them until they can afford needles. Demons can come after these 2 sranks.

If you have/want to toss between needle or mechguns: Go mechguns for all your chars.
If you want specifically RAmar then go: Arrest Needle > Hell Needle > Demons Needle> Other.

Eventually, you'll want cards for your FOney too.

Thank you all for your input.

I'm at a spot where I need massive HP reduction on one (or more) enemies.

So I think I'm gonna swing for that Demons Needle.

If you want the logic/character progression, here it is:
My progression:
Current...
4. HUcast - for higher single target damage, and somewhat speedy bosses
3. RAmar - for additional crowd control and sacrificial spreads for bosses
2. FOnewm - for solo POD hunts and higher RAbarta damage on Gibbles PW hunt
1. FOnewearl - because I've never played a FO on Dreamcast/GC/BB
...to Oldest

My wife's progression:
3. FOnewearl - because she likes not being in the combo system, and she's a girl character
2. RAmarl - wanted to be on a female character, and wanted to try Cannon Rouge and L&k38 Combat, since they couldn't combo
1. HUcast - to provide the high single target damage that my FOnewm lacked...but stopped playing because she hates the combo timing system

It's probably backwards from what is considered "normal" for the roles.
But I can demons and single target pin down on the RAmar as needed.
And my wife can do her caster thing that she enjoys, to crowd control and pick off demon-ed targets.
Bosses are still doable quickly due to sacrificial spreads.
And she's got extended healing range with her FOney, and the level 30 buff/debuffs.

Thanks for walking me through this mentally.

Last edited:
It depends on which episode you play the most, get Hell Needle if E2 else get Demons Needle.

Demon Mechs are great for enemies like Epsilon or Girtablulu, you can do SSH as RAmar on Gibbles and Mericus if you don't have force support.

For HUcast's first S-Rank get an Arrest Slicer/J-Cutter, very useful for Tower or E4.

FOnewearl should be the only class not using any S-Rank except Demon Mechs but like shadow said you have 50h bringer's rifle or slicer of fanatic.

I mainly play epis 1 and 4.
And Girtablulu and Dorphon were the main reasons for wanting to go with mechs.

But some of the Epi 1 spawns with multiple sinows,baranz, belras, bringers, and bears have me leaning toward the needle.

Guess my mind isn't totally made up yet then. :s

no one wants to tell the guy to grab a hell j-cutter for his FOs and use it turn 1/2 of ep2 into swiss cheese?

There are a lot of great S-ranks that are amazing in specific situations, so it's hard to choose the best.

In my opinion Demons Mechs, Hell J-cutter (or slicer), and Hell Needle are the most impactful. But if you never played Ep2, Hell becomes less important.

I wasn't really a fan of Demons Needle on my RAmarl since I already had Demons Mechs. Arrest or Blizz needle would also be sweet on RAmar with that ATA. Arrest is noticeable better than Seize (Spread Needle) on a fleshy.

Back