Which one to make into Snow Queen.

Archivebit

fourwordsalluppercase
Guildcard
Since Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen have different uses I am not sure which route to upgrade to SQ.

I have two Frozen Shooters:

Frozen Shooter +9 (15/0/0/0|35)
Frozen Shooter +9 (0/0/0/0|30)

Which would be the better one to upgrade. Since SQ has less uses but requires more ata, I am not sure which one to upgrade.

30 hit is enough for FS. it's most likely only struggle will be DDs and then with 30H can get them in one combo no issue.

I think SQ needs more hit to be worthwhile, but I don't know how exactly it fares with ~30 hit. As for FS, I suggest to compute and experiment with how much hit is required to reliably hit second S or third S against various high EVP enemies.

If you want to make a SQ use the highest hit FS you have. 35h will be OK for some situations but you'll likely want more.

If you're worried about hit chance - EVP values and an ATA calculator can be found in the links below or by using your site of choice.

http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/monstres/liste.php
http://z.purei.org/psocalc.php?ata=&evp=&one=Hit+1&two=Hit+2&three=Hit+3&status=No+Target+Status

Practically speaking, and this is off the top of my head, you'll hit everything (35h RAmarl) in EP1/EP2VR and EP4 crater with the very occasional miss on Delsabers and Dark Gunners. In EP2: Mericarols, Gi-Gue, Gibbles and Del Lillys should all be 100% but that's about it. Gibbons, Sinows, Merikle, Mericus, Ill Gills, Delbiters and Deldepths you'll be better with a fs/ft and you might want to have one on hand for Detonators too.

TLDR; Sandbox.

Last edited:
imo sell one of the above to get some pd's ready for a photon booster and save it for a stupidly high hit FS.

Ya photon booster is expensive as fuck. I wouldn't turn any of those into a snow queen.

If it was free (like enemy parts) then I'd do the 30h since there would be no regrets (I'd still have a high hit frozen shooter). But it's not.

A 30h FS on a RAmarl will hit anything in the game already though..

Honestly if you've not been gambling and really want a SQ right now either buy one or use the 35 - it's the lowest tier you can get from a gamble and it'll be a decent wep - I've spent a lot more on weapons that see *much* less use.

I'd be interested to hear how many of the above commenters have a hit SQ. The usual "SQ is shit unless it's 60+ h" is all well and good until you actually think how likely you are to find one.

Play around with one on SB - the 40h I use is okay. I'd like a 50, but I'd definitely take a 35 over nothing now I've got one.. it's just too useful.

:/

I think I am gonna use it on my 35h and see what happens. PB is kind of expensive but ill figure it out

I'd be interested to hear how many of the above commenters have a hit SQ. The usual "SQ is shit unless it's 60+ h" is all well and good until you actually think how likely you are to find one.

I have a 45h frozen shooter and I'm not turning it into a snow queen unless I find/buy another one. I quite like freezing deldepth on my 2nd hit at a 100% rate.

Skylar you should def buy a 30hit FS and then use booster on your 45h. SQ is amazing. Pluto and I were doing 2P ramar with 2 SQ the other day and its almost like a trap replacement.

30H make a great, general usage FS for any Ranger.

I think only RAmarl or maybe RAmarl could pull off a 35H SQ. Go for 45+

Skylar you should def buy a 30hit FS and then use booster on your 45h. SQ is amazing. Pluto and I were doing 2P ramar with 2 SQ the other day and its almost like a trap replacement.

I bought the 45h for LCC, which has a lot of deldepth. I'm not using a booster on it unless someone sells me another 45h. Being forced to SSS deldepth is fricken annoying.

I have a Lv. 134 RAmar and I use a hitless SQ with him. It works well enough without hit, and I haven't come close to capping my ATA. I think this whole SQ is useless unless it has really high hit thing is probably overhyped. To be fair, I'm not into finishing a quest as fast as humanly possible, so it may not be the most efficient...But It's good enough.

In the grand scheme of things, worrying about 5 hit % is probably a little too much I think.

I have a Lv. 134 RAmar and I use a hitless SQ with him. It works well enough without hit, and I haven't come close to capping my ATA. I think this whole SQ is useless unless it has really high hit thing is probably overhyped. To be fair, I'm not into finishing a quest as fast as humanly possible, so it may not be the most efficient...But It's good enough.

In the grand scheme of things, worrying about 5 hit % is probably a little too much I think.
SQ is certainly not useless with no hit or low hit, but since you need to spend 50 PDs and a good Frozen Shooter to make a SQ normally, it makes sense for people to want to make the most out of the PDs.

SQ even if you are a ramarl its the better one.
save me the explanation this one time

But use it on the 35h shit doesnt combo and native is arguably the only useful percent to have on it

Back