Where to trim? (HUcast advice)

<('-'<)

satos0798 - Discord -6:00 CST
TL;DR version:
What are you guys killing Falz Final Form with? (HUcast)
———————————————

I finally hit my goal of soloing TTF within 18 minutes, (nothing to toot my own horn at, I know...but it was a goal)
And now I’m stuck on how to improve my Falz 3 time.
I’m not necessarily looking for a frame perfect, Time Attack run. But I’d like to make some parts feel less clunky.

I’m currently using an L&K38 Combat with some Dark %.
When Falz is in my face, my charge mechs are better dps.
But Falz likes to be shy.

So I resort to the range of the LK38...but the fight just seems drawn out.

Here’s a breakdown of my typical run:
I use the minimum kill routes (95% of the time, anyway).

Dragon is down and doesn’t get off the ground. (Mechs...consistently better than my slicer.)

Worm dies before he can get off the boat (Mechs to the face...consistently better than my slicer from the side.)

Vol Opt phase 1 (Mechs combo kill pillars...haven’t perfected locking with a Drill Launcher yet)

Vol Opt phase 2 (Charge Diska beats out my Mechs...I get hit once here. Still room for improvement, but this goes quick enough.)

Darvants (Raygun w/90hit 1-hits them with a 100% Heavy attack)

Falz 1 Octopus (Mechs to a face...pick one. No damage taken, usually)

Falz 2 Speed Demon (Mechs beat out the LK38 considerably...because Falz is outside, and I can run through the middle.)

Falz 3 Final Form (LK38 beats out my Mechs...uugh...having Falz in Mech range and not invincible is like waiting for the stars to align.)

I know I’m losing time in the Mines at Baranz (I kill them, or let them kill themselves) but that’s a 10 second swap for no damage. I’m fine with that trade off.

My current weapon set:
Type ME/Mechs 0/0/0/0|40
L&K38 Combat 0/0/0/20|25
Raygun 0/0/0/0|90
Charge Diska 0/0/0/0|50

Excluding the luxury of the Raygun, I’m using about 15-20PD worth of gear.

I buff with S-Reds before bosses.

I’m not a huge fan of Berserk...but if you tell me that a 50hit DF can one shot the final Falz or something; I can probably tolerate swapping to a Berserk Build.

You can improve dragon time with some form of ES zalure and a nice native DF to skip the fall down/unconscious part of his cycle.

for wyrm, use excal or dob or vjaya.

You already know how to beat vol opt1 faster, and for vol opt2 you could do better with a dob, excal, machine df, or vjaya. (not sure which is optimal)

use a better weapon to N1 darvants. I would've assumed a raygun would do the trick with shifta3, but an ES gun or red handgun would definitely work too. maybe the es zalure gun from the dragon skip.

Falz1- dark df, mechs if not at appropriate HP
falz2- nice lk38, DF, sac raygun, sac mech depending on RNG/movement
falz3- basically the same as falz2

@trim

Dragon time, and skipping the fall down/unconscious part of his cycle.

You’ve lost me.

Is Dragon Falz when he’s in the middle?
Or is Dragon Falz when he is around the outside, and we’re in the middle?

And I’ve got a Zalure Gun in my bank.
I just didn’t know if my money would be better spent adding a special to it, or buying a particular weapon...like a DF.

Sounding like possibly the DF, if I only have enough funds for one of them right now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVltmlrIMLY

Sange's hunl ttf uses a bunch of class specific tricks but I think it could still be a very useful reference for any hunter trying to clear ttf faster. it also demonstrates the dragon skip, which is essentially doing a small amount of chip damage, applying zalure, and then 1shotting with a native DF to kill it before triggering the 3.5k HP wall.

Back