Whatever happened to Negate / Healing?

Ade

;3
Awhile back @Matt had the idea to create a unit that prevents a player from being healed by others. I really think this would decrease friction in parties where people insist on using Dark Flow's special.

Do you think now would be a good time to revisit this? There's a good chance Ep. I's drop charts are going to be tweaked. Maybe this could be added as a decently rare unit in Mines on a few IDs? With a rate that would put it around v502's value?

Just an idea. Trying to make things better... ( ._.

Edit: I recall people being ticked off about this consuming a unit slot, but I think it's worth it. New strategies would emerge. Your truly competitive TAers could still manage without it. The benefit here is for general play being way less about tiptoeing around DF users.

I still think the combination item idea is best, but with the Episode 1 drop revamp coming up, I wouldn't be opposed to having it show up there.

Your truly competitive TAers could still manage without it.
I don't think there's any relevance for TA; if you're trying to TA, you're not going to play with people who cast Resta when you just purposefully brought your HP to the DF threshold. The purpose of the unit is so DF is usable in non-TA teams where Resta gets used frequently.

Just put this thing in the game tbh so people can stop complaining on both sides.

This would be a great addition & stuff like Black Gauntlets, maybe Soul Eater as a drop :rolleyes:

Don't see why this shouldn't be added as a command instead. Surely this is far more difficult to code as a unit and people will just complain that they have to waste a slot on it when they play with randoms.

IhCb8Kd.png

also Here is the old thread for reference.

This unit is really the best way to reduce drama on the ephinea server.

Last edited:
There was work on it, then people got busy and it was forgotten.

Whether it'll be finished is up to the developers.

Don't see why this shouldn't be added as a command instead. Surely this is far more difficult to code as a unit and people will just complain that they have to waste a slot on it when they play with randoms.
It seems appropriate to have a unit that "toggles" easier use of an alternative, low-HP gameplay style, especially when all the Hunters get by using 3 units anyway.

EDIT:
You're currently free to play with DF all you want without any drawbacks, and you'll be able to do the same once the unit's added. The unit's not there to let you use DF period, it's there to let you use DF without the possibility of getting healed by a FO who's just doing what a FO does - healing. Or trolling, but that's a different story. Since we're making it possible to use DF without worrying about getting randomly healed, which isn't possible in the vanilla game, the ability is being tied to a unit slot so that it has a cost. That's balance, not "punishment". Vanilla DF has a restriction - you can be healed above its special's HP cap - and lifting that restriction should come at a cost, since it makes the weapon better.

Last edited:
Ryan explained it better than me in the previous thread, but it's not "wasting" a slot, because it's allowing you to use DF at its full power regardless of external behaviour. It's putting a slot to good use, and it's just balance.

Managing your HP is part of the Balance of DF.
So I agree with Matt, that losing a Unit Slot would be a fair trade.

Back