What level character is Ep 2 and 4 for?

draqen

Hi! I only played the original PSO on the DC to lvl 100. I'm just wondering what level is each zone tailored for in Episode 2 and 4? I had a quick go at it and I cleared the VR zones no problem, then I tried some other zone and got my ass handed to me by the giant plants. Is there some kind of guide on which zone i should be doing at what level? Thanks!

I wouldn't nesercerily say any specific level for any area. Character & area Knowledge and Gear make the difference in ease. And like in EP1 the other areas progress in difficulty as stages go on. Just jump into the earlier stages with people and if it's too much take a step back. (Temple/Spaceship + CCA areas in E2, and crator areas in E4 all pretty easy)

Later stages like Seabed, Towers, Sub Dessert I would avoid till you have leveled, gained knowledge and gear and/or have a good team to carry you.

It depends on the class and difficulty level. With most classes, you can use whatever in Normal to Very Hard, but you'll start having major problems if you play online Very Hard Episode 2 as a Force because most baddies laugh off techniques. You'll need to learn as you go, but it shouldn't be bad, especially if you have a high-level player carrying you when things get messy so you can learn without risking too much.

Ep4 does have some critters that can throw you off-guard:

• Satellite Lizards and Yowies are invulnerable to guns and slicers unless hit from the rear. This isn't a problem as a Force or Hunter, but if you're playing a Ranger, pack a powerful partisan-type weapon or S-Beat's Blades so you can deal with them.
  • On the other hand, Zus almost require firearms because they're usually out of range for melee weapons.
  • Zus can go out of control and constantly swoop down, knocking the team down, unless you hit them with something. Most teams have one person that casts Gifoie to whack the bugger before he swoops down or to get one that's ready to start spamming his lasers.
  • Dorphons and Girtablulus cannot be frozen, but they can be paralyzed.

Ultimate is where things start getting a bit hairy in Episode 2.

• Most of the trash critters in Episode 2 are weak to Megid and weapons with the Hell element, so it's best to pack one of them unless you have high attack power.
  • You'll need to learn about Mericarol dodging and stunning because their orbs can kill you in one hit if they connect, and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • Pack some Resist/Devils because several of the enemies in Episode 2 Ultimate like to shoot Megid, and it's usually quite strong.
  • Tower, and to a lesser extent, Seabed, can be quite difficult, even for high-leveled teams. They're the real endgame areas if you want to test how good you really are. I'd save these areas in Ultimate difficulty until you start getting the really good stuff for your class (not ubers like the Heaven Punisher, but generally powerful rares or things like a Charge Vulcan with high hit) and you're high level (140 at minimum).

Ultimate Episode 4 is a bit easier; it's mostly applying what you've learned playing it in previous difficulties. The only real roadbumps you should encounter are Dorphons one-shotting you until you have a certain amount of HP (I'm sure Skylar or someone else can post it because I forgot ATM) and Girtablulus slapping you around if you don't have a weapon that can paralyze them. Demon's weapons are a huge help in Ep4 because many of the beasties there have a lot of HP, and quests tend to spam the ones with lots of HP at certain points.

Last edited:
One thing that I remember from the official PSO:BB Server is that you had to be Lv 110+ to play Episode 4 in Ultimate (and 90 or 100 for Episode 2, I can't remember). Hard and Very Hard also had different Lv requirement for each episodes.

That's how SEGA saw the minimum Lv for each episodes. I'm not saying that they're optimal tho. :p

Dorphon Charge does 725 dmg @GHOSTS

One thing that I remember from the official PSO:BB Server is that you had to be Lv 110+ to play Episode 4 in Ultimate (and 90 or 100 for Episode 2, I can't remember). Hard and Very Hard also had different Lv requirement for each episodes.

That's how SEGA saw the minimum Lv for each episodes. I'm not saying that they're optimal tho. :p

It went in tens for vh/ult iirc. Normal and hard also had progression but I don't remember so well..

n: 1/10/10?, h: 20/30/30?
vh: 40/50/60 and ult: 90/100/110+

Lvl 80 for Ultimate was never official in BB. But was in previous versions, and after official (private servers).

I play solo mostly I came from using a fonewearl on another server and could solo anything on ult. I think a fo is the easiest to solo especially ep4.

I came here and this time I'm using a racast to start with and right back at soloing ep2 and 4, with ease except the zu they can be pesky when yowie are on you. Soon as I hit lvl 40 I'll be soloing ep2 on multi-player rooms for the better exp in very hard. Really there's no quide for what level per area. I have all crap gear just a decent gun and my mag has 45 dex and 20 pw so it's do able. Once I feed my mag some more it'll be easier but deff get a decent sword with demons or hell for ep4 lizards as guns don't hit em

In terms of overall difficulty
Forest: lv80
Caves: lv85-90
Temple: Lv88-95
Spaceship: 92-100
Mines: 101-110
Crater: 103-115
CCA: 105-120
Ruins: 120-128
Desert: 130-140
Seabed: 135-145
Tower: 140+

I play solo mostly I came from using a fonewearl on another server and could solo anything on ult. I think a fo is the easiest to solo especially ep4.

I came here and this time I'm using a racast to start with and right back at soloing ep2 and 4, with ease except the zu they can be pesky when yowie are on you. Soon as I hit lvl 40 I'll be soloing ep2 on multi-player rooms for the better exp in very hard. Really there's no quide for what level per area. I have all crap gear just a decent gun and my mag has 45 dex and 20 pw so it's do able. Once I feed my mag some more it'll be easier but deff get a decent sword with demons or hell for ep4 lizards as guns don't hit em

There's actually a guide for suggested levels per area on PSO World, but it only covers up to Ep2 Seabed, and it was likely made without level requirements for each difficulty in mind (considering, iirc, VH and Ultimate require level 40 and 80 respectively, and some of the recommended levels for those difficulties are below those). Also not sure if the same suggested levels would also work for Ephinea (I went through One-Player Seabed Normal as a level 33-34 HUmar, and it was a pain without an easily accessible Shifta/Deband (a higher-level Jellen/Zalure could have also helped)). You're on your own for figuring out which level is best for Episode 4, though.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it, but this is the guide I'm referring to:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=765

There's actually a guide for suggested levels per area on PSO World, but it only covers up to Ep2 Seabed, and it was likely made without level requirements for each difficulty in mind (considering, iirc, VH and Ultimate require level 40 and 80 respectively, and some of the recommended levels for those difficulties are below those). You're on your own for figuring out which level is best for Episode 4, though.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it, but this is the guide I'm referring to:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=765

Back in Offline GCN, difficulties were unlocked based on when you cleared Dark Falz, not by level. It was actually pretty easy to get a character into Ultimate by Lv50 if you knew what you were doing. So honestly, the guide's not inaccurate; just non applicable to Online GCN / Blue Burst.

There are also a few people (Tycho and Cranberry immediately come to mind) who challenged themselves to defeat Ultimate Dark Falz with a Lv1 character, using Psycho Wand to prevent EXP gain and Scape Dolls to revive during boss fights.

Last edited:
Back in Offline GCN, difficulties were unlocked based on when you cleared Dark Falz, not by level. It was actually pretty easy to get a character into Ultimate by Lv50 if you knew what you were doing. So honestly, the guide's not inaccurate; just non applicable to Online GCN / Blue Burst.

There are also a few people (Brownskii and Cranberry immediately come to mind) who challenged themselves to defeat Ultimate Dark Falz with a Lv1 character, using Psycho Wand to prevent EXP gain and Scape Dolls to revive during boss fights.

Okay, I had a feeling at least one of the older versions of PSO didn't have level requirements, at least for Solo/Offline.

Yeah DC I remember having to beat fallz to unlock the next difficulty. There may be guides for each are but there's tips or tricks to get through areas. I'm a cast no magic no zalurr gun no SD no twins on mag the second o hit 40 I'm /lobby to ep2 and heading towards Olga. Ep2 has great exp especially if you unlock cca which once I get two more levels I will do for vhard. I guess to answer the original question what I used to do was grind levels till I was 5 levels higher then the required level for that difficulty before going in then starting it. I wouldn't touch ruins alone till 15 or 17 on normal before. But as you play more you'll get to where you can be ok anywhere your allowed to go.when I came to this sever the first thing I did was ttf alone once hit the dragon at level 2 lol if I didn't have to kill the bear and giga booma to open doors I would've been lvl 1. One good way to be good at soloing being new get a good hell weapon high dex and play the doors.

Back