What do “Proportions” look like in your character data?

jcorb

I’m interested both as a technical curiosity, and also as sometime extremely obsessive-compulsive about even the most minute details when it comes to appearance.

When it comes to adjusting your Proportions, it almost feels like there are three “values” at play; height, weight, and perhaps muscle. Height is easy enough to understand, where moving your cursor up and down on the Proportions square makes you taller or shorter.

But moving left to right, there almost seem to be breakpoints where certain values seem to converge, where you can notice a definitive “change” to what proportions are being changed.

It would honestly be cool just to fully understand Proportions as a function, but particularly in regards to honing in on the pixel-perfect settings you want.

Anyways, I know just FINDING these values would likely be difficult, let alone being able to extrapolate exactly what they’re doing. But hey, I would really appreciate it! Or even guidance to just HOW I might be able to locate said data for myself?

Oh, and bonus question; I know when I move the right thumb stick on the Proportions screen, it seems to move it just a little bit as a time. Is that only moving it like a single pixel at a time? Again, just trying to figure out how you could truly get that pixel-perfect appearance!

it's a value from 0 to 100 in both directions. idk where they are I never really bothered looking

interesting! So like, bottom left is essentially “0-0”, and top right is “100-100”? Or does the “width” number reset at their skinniest?

Something else that comes to mind:

If you’re using a controller, moving the right thumbstick seems to move that Proportions slider just a bit. It looks like a few pixels, maybe?

But notably on the RAcast, he’s automated silly set as far to the left as possible by default. However, if you click the thumbstick to the left (this looping it around to the right side of the square), it seems to “change” his body and it will not go back to the original value, even if you tap right on the thumbstick again.

Just slightly unusual behavior. Would just be super interested to know how much that thumbstick changes the Proprtions value(s), and whether there’s a way to truly isolate the values to move one pixel at a time? Or even just reset your proportions to their default values for your class.

Back