What Did You Do Today?

raggamuffin

Guildcard
Figured I'd start a slightly different topic. A way for people to update one another and get to know each other better.

"What Did You Do Today?"

For me I've spent the day preparing for renovation work to start on the ground floor of our house next Tuesday. We're getting the whole front room, dining room and kitchen renovated. I've spent the day peeling wallpaper from the 3 rooms. I re-arranged the 2nd spare bedroom. The first spare room is filled with our kitchen and bedroom stuff. We couldn't unpack 2/3's of our stuff because the kitchen in this house is non-existent. But I got builders over to do a quote and inspection the day after we'd moved our stuff into the house. 2 months without a proper kitchen is a long time mind you. The past 3 weeks we've been surrounded downstairs by the new kitchen cabinets, the wood flooring and new kitchen counters. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment.

So I had to re-arrange the double room. I put all the items the builders will need - new kitchen cabinets, taps, lights, electronics etc etc to one side of the room so it's easily accessible. I've put all 6 dining tables upstairs in the bedroom along with a bed, mattress, coffee table, kitchen table and a load of other things. Up and down the stairs like a yo yo today. Wasn't long before I was sweating like a bastard.

Things from the kitchen along with a few bits of furniture I've put in the shed at the bottom of the garden. That end of the garden is getting so overgrown now. Once the renovation work is finished on the 8th I'm going to attack the garden and weeds. Get it all spic and span.

Asides from that I peeled off the remaining wallpaper in the living room and took 4 bin bags, 2 rugs and an old metal TV bracket down to the recylcing centre. I also started putting stuff from our bedroom into the spare bedroom to make space for the TV and PC to go upstairs for 2 weeks. I'm working from home for 3 days next week. Me and Kes (my recently adopted cat) will be living in my room from 8:30-17:00 Mon-Fri whilst the builders do their magic. Hopefully she won't get too panicky or stressed from all the loud noises and strange voices. At least after they leave she can roam downstairs. But I imagine it all looking so different for 2 weeks won't help her nerves much.

It's after a busy day like today that I really crave a drink or 5. But all this pro-activity is what happens when I go sober. I'm annoyingly productive in a bid to ward off boredom and an encroaching sense self loathing.

Ed

Helped my dad tear out a bunch of cabinets/oven/microwave/dishwasher in a house he's remodeling.

Worked some overtime helping set up at the new facility where the controlled drugs will be processed.

Finished off moving the rest of the stuff into the spare bedroom and shed.

Builders are here today so me and the cat are camped out in my bedroom. Got her new food and water bowls and a new litter tray. We've got a small walk in wardrobe so I've put the litter tray there.

Kes is a little uneasy, lots of strange voices and loud noises. Thankfully I think the noisiest bits of work will be today. Electrician fitting new sockets, an extractor fan and other bits. The builders removing brickwork and applying damp treatment to the bay window. Also fitting a stud wall to the under stairs cupboard.

Electrician said the power would be on for most of the day which is a plus. I figured I'd be doing without for the day.

Ed

How rude..! Wait.. what did you do to get banned?

I called a bitch ass punk a condescending asshole, effectively.

Working from home whilst the builders are here. Didn't want to go to work and leave Kes on her own for 12 hours with loud noises going on etc.

Making money from home...reminds me of internet scams.

Speaking of scams I'm sticking my face on counterfeit cash.21175320_1489126127833073_1245493203_n.jpg

Back