Weird lag spike when message bubble appears.

Roaxes

Guildcard
I'm getting a weird lag spike whenever a message bubble appears rather it be from me or someone else typing. The game freezes for a second delaying it just frozen and resumes.

This lag doesn't happen when someone uses a symbol chat face, only a typed message. I'm not sure if it's a connection or computer issue as i'm able to run psobb fine otherwise. :eek: Any way to fix this on my side? This never occurred on other servers for me.

I'm assuming its my internet because a lot of my games have been lagging lately but its kind of weird for the whole game to freeze for a second instead of just delaying.

Go into the settings and change message speed from "Very Slow" to "Very Fast"?

I don't know, I've never seen that, sorry. :)

Sodaboy said:
Go into the settings and change message speed from "Very Slow" to "Very Fast"?

I don't know, I've never seen that, sorry. :)

It's fine I think I should prob wait it out and see because I have been having connection issues lately and it could very well be causing it. So just gotta check on a good day. :D

Have you experienced lag with other game mechanics?
Please list anything else which behaves irregularly.

Which Operating System are you running, and on what hardware?

Omni said:
Have you experienced lag with other game mechanics?
Please list anything else which behaves irregularly.

Which Operating System are you running, and on what hardware?

Everything else seems to run fine until someone talks. Then the game just freezes for a second *Or more if there's more people talking at the same time*

I'm using Windows 7 with intel i3. My graphics card is intel hd graphics 3000 and on a Toshiba Laptop

Normally lag I get on this game it still runs smooth just everyone freezes and then teleports to where they actually are when its done lagging and whatever I typed pops up normally without freezing the game.

Network problems would only cause the speech bubbles to appear after a delay. If your entire screen is freezing, then your computer is doing something naughty. My guess would be that your antivirus program is scanning the speech bubble packets or something and causing PSO to lock up until the scan is finished.

Aleron Ives said:
Network problems would only cause the speech bubbles to appear after a delay. If your entire screen is freezing, then your computer is doing something naughty. My guess would be that your antivirus program is scanning the speech bubble packets or something and causing PSO to lock up until the scan is finished.

I tested that just now to see if that was the case and I think you may be right!

I made a private party and tried messaging with my security on and it froze. Then I disabled my security and it worked just fine. So i'm going to see if putting it on the allow list on my antivirus will work cause I don't want to have to keep disabling and enabling xP

EDIT: I recorded two gifs of me testing chatting with my antivirus on and off so it's definitly my antivirus but ticking 'allow' on the exe didn't work. I'm using webroot. Here's the two gifs.

On this first gif you see me freeze up after I hit enter.

With antivirus on
tumblr_nt04bx09sU1un961qo2_400.gif

Without antivirus on
tumblr_nt04bx09sU1un961qo1_400.gif

Thanks for the help! So far I managed to stop the freezing without having to turn my anti virus off, I just had to allow the online and psobb exe in the block/allow list x3 the gifs above is what was occurring to me if you're curious.

Thank you so much for reporting the results! This will be of great help for future troubleshooting. :)

Back