Weapon % affects Technique

br0osh

Br0osh
First off, having a section for "Ephinea Suggestions" is great! It allows are ideas for the game to have a home.

My suggestion is to give some importance to N/AB/M/D/HIT% to Techniques.
Allowing techniques to be more dynamic with weapon % and allowing Techniques to be more useful(dmg) in games (especially against volt op Ult).
Hit% can be the stat to increase the chance for techs to crit? and be combined with the charters luck(put luck an important stat for FOs too).
There be more uses for Spheres in Cane/wands type weapons and FO builds.

This can add a nice spice to the game! What do you guys think?

Techniques are already great.

What they lack in damage they make up for with Range, Utility, and the fact that outside of Megid they're guaranteed to hit. Then you consider variables like Cost Reduction and Cast Speed (fonewm, v801). Especially considering it doesn't matter what weapon you use since that's not where you're damage comes from. So any Stat Stick with good%. A FOnewm with a Fist weapon that has 40%+, plus a Barrier/Armor that boosts damage could clear the game solo, blindfolded.

You're asking to turn Average Damage into Completely Game Breaking Damage.

Too much resta, time to alt-bs this conversation.

And to stay on-topic I think techniques are great as they are, and they don't need any huge buffs.

It's a good thing you quit HC, or it wouldn't work for you. :eek:

I never used alt-bs to leave a game if that's what you are implying, I would play doll-less if I ran out because it's a horrible mechanic and I would rather die than abuse it. I even asked for it to removed multiple times. I did rage-quit a lot of times though :wacko:

Hit% lowering resistances is probably the most sane way to add this. Of course it would have to be low enough to only be relevant on the tech boosting weapons (ie. a smaller booster than what they provide), otherwise Forces will just run around with the cheapest 100h they can find. With that in mind, it would really only benefit a handful of items rather than every FO style weapon, contrary to what is may initially seem. The lack of endgame goals for forces is definitely noticeable but any solutions to this issue are probably not vanilla enough. I'd rather see less dramatic changes which could still fix this "gap" in FO endgame goals, such as team point shop, skins etc.

I once spent a whole work night brainstorming a revamp to force gear from the basic canes all the way to Motav, but it was way beyond the scope of what should really be done on here.

Back