"Water" sound effect in Ruins hallways.

Ade

;3
Hi everyone,

This is not a unique bug to Ephinea. It actually happened on Sega PSOBB, as well. But it did NOT happen on PSO GC.

Has anyone else ever noticed that some hallways in Ruins have the sound effect as though you're walking through shallow water? (ie. Seaside.) But there's no water or liquid present.

I was just wondering if this could be easily fixed. It's not bothering me; it's just weird. I'd always meant to make a post about it because I was curious if anyone else noticed, but it's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks, all.

Yes, this happens to me all the time.

I seem to remember it happening a lot in one of the small hallways branching off of the pound-sign (#) shaped room with the raised platform in the middle in Ruins 1.

It might be a misattributed floor panel/texture.

I'll pay more attention to it so I can try to see which variations of the Ruins maps that it happens in.

Is it a bug? I never remember it happening anywhere but in Ruins 3, and that area has a lot of weird, squishy growths all over it, so I assumed it was intentional.

Is it a bug? I never remember it happening anywhere but in Ruins 3, and that area has a lot of weird, squishy growths all over it, so I assumed it was intentional.
That is intentional because it comes from the pulsating walls in Ruins 3.

That is intentional because it comes from the pulsating walls in Ruins 3.

It's not intentional. It happens in Ruins 1, as well. I stopped in the middle of Ruins 1 to make this post because I finally remembered that I wanted to make a post right after it happened. I've been exploring the free field Ruins maps trying to find weapon box caches. Also, when it comes to Ruins 3, all of the pulsating walls are either on the sides, which you can't get to, or below clear glass; you never actually come into contact with them. It doesn't happen at all on GameCube and only emerged with Blue Burst.

The pulsating walls DO make a "heart beat" sound which IS intentional, and happens whether you're moving or not. The sound I'm referring to is the sound effect of walking through water when you're moving on a solid surface, and it's limited to just a few hallways. Other, 100% identical hallways don't have the sound effect. At no point in Ruins is your character walking on anything other than a solid surface or grates.

Again: Very small potatoes. But it's not intentional.

@Aleron Ives : Does the squish happen on v2?

Thanks.

Last edited:
@Ade Sorry, I thought the squish Ryan was referring to was the heart-beat that you referred to.

My bad.

Reactions: Ade
I've just encountered this myself in a certain Ruins 1 hallway. It's the one behind the two-button door after the room that has the raised platform in the middle. Strange...

Reactions: Ade
Back