Vulkan doesn't render textures.

Ibrahimarm

Guildcard
pso133326353248581390.jpgSo here's a look at what's happening. This doesn't happen when using DX12. I'm not sure what's wrong, but textures from character selection to at the very least the guild hub just don't seem to render correctly. I'm sure this happens when you go down too. The framerate is stable, at least.

IDK, it feels weird considering I have a 6700 XT and the latest drivers. I should be able to use Vulkan rendering.
Not really... its an unofficial wrapper for a ~20 year old game. My 4090 won't even launch PSO using Vulkan and the FPS is crippled on DX11.

Your mileage will vary. I don't think Ephinea can do much about voodoo issues either.

Not really... its an unofficial wrapper for a ~20 year old game. My 4090 won't even launch PSO using Vulkan and the FPS is crippled on DX11.

Your mileage will vary. I don't think Ephinea can do much about voodoo issues either.
Yeah, fair enough, but it sorta sucks considering AMD does better with Vulkan than DirectX.

Vulkan for Ephinea is done through DXVK, and the version used (either V2 or V2.1) has serious regressions with PSO BB, hence the issues. V1.10.3 works perfectly, but supposedly this has issues with some Nvidia cards, so it couldn't be used.

Hopefully it'll be fixed eventually! V2.2 still has the issues unfortunately; these have been reported by Sodaboy here.

I'm also not sure where you got the idea that AMD is better with Vulkan than DirectX, I don't think the card really matters at all, it's just AMD tends to be used more with DXVK as AMD is better on Linux which heavily uses DXVK for gaming.

Nice to know! To be fair, I was making a guess with AMD card performance being higher on Vulkan. I though so because I thought AMD uses open source drivers on Windows.

Vulkan for Ephinea is done through DXVK, and the version used (either V2 or V2.1) has serious regressions with PSO BB, hence the issues. V1.10.3 works perfectly, but supposedly this has issues with some Nvidia cards, so it couldn't be used.

Hopefully it'll be fixed eventually! V2.2 still has the issues unfortunately; these have been reported by Sodaboy here.

I'm also not sure where you got the idea that AMD is better with Vulkan than DirectX, I don't think the card really matters at all, it's just AMD tends to be used more with DXVK as AMD is better on Linux which heavily uses DXVK for gaming.
I should probably downgrade the version included with the client.

I mean… partially working with all cards vs working perfectly with one brand. Maybe working perfectly is better. Well, actually, should test with Intel cards too…

I wonder what the issue is with fixing the regressions on v2.x tho…

Back