User name Nagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh... white privilege doesn't mean that a white person can't have a shitty life. plenty of white people have shitty lives. anyway...

What does "white privilege" entail then? It can't be anything significant if it doesn't help improve your living conditions. By your definition, it's effectively meaningless.

What does "white privilege" entail then? It can't be anything significant if it doesn't help improve your living conditions. By your definition, it's effectively meaningless.
FullSizeRender.jpg

it entails being statistically less likely to come from poverty, to be a victim of violent crime, to be discriminated against in the workplace, the list goes on. the key word here is statistical. you can still be poor and white, you can still get shot for being white, you can still get fired because your boss hates white people.

the difference is that all of that is less likely—statistically—to happen to you if you're white. and no, just because white privilege does not literally prevent you from having a shitty life does not mean it's effectively meaningless. a bullet proof vest does not literally prevent you from being shot, but they're still pretty handy to have around.

it entails being statistically less likely to come from poverty, to be a victim of violent crime, to be discriminated against in the workplace, the list goes on. the key word here is statistical. you can still be poor and white, you can still get shot for being white, you can still get fired because your boss hates white people.

the difference is that all of that is less likely—statistically—to happen to you if you're white. and no, just because white privilege does not literally prevent you from having a shitty life does not mean it's effectively meaningless. a bullet proof vest does not literally prevent you from being shot, but they're still pretty handy to have around.
Interesting points well laid out.

I don't feel strongly about this matter either way. I don't feel adversity is a bad thing, it sharpens you up. As for white advantage or w/e, i'd say i agree with what you're saying.

That's not because of white privilege. It's because certain black families choose not to pursue education and career opportunities. As for being a victim of violent crime, most of that is black on black crime and has nothing to do with whites. I'm not so sure that every instance of being discriminate against in the work place is valid. It could be that the person is over sensitive and crying racism when there is no racism to be found. Everything you labeled as "White Privilege" can be chalked up to the incompetence of black individuals. This doesn't mean blacks are incompetent as a race, it means they need to stop blaming whites and step up their game.

Oh my god. Look at the shit storm this caused lol. All it takes for one person to cry "Racism"! and everything falls apart. The boy who cried wolf is a great story, you should all read it some time. I'm out.

Interesting points well laid out.

I don't feel strongly about this matter either way. I don't feel adversity is a bad thing, it sharpens you up. As for white advantage or w/e, i'd say i agree with what you're saying.

i agree about the adversity bit—up to a certain point. we've all seen people who have had everything in life handed to them crumple once the hand outs stop. ditto personal growth, ditto learning experiences, etc.

on the other hand, if your adversity is that your father left when you were six, and your mother started taking heroin to deal with the loss and died of an overdose and now you're a traumatized seven year old living in a foster home...well, you'd probably be better off if all that hadn't have happened.

Everything you labeled as "White Privilege" can be chalked up to the incompetence of black individuals.

this is just racist garbage and I'm not going to bother trying to debunk it.

this is just racist garbage and I'm not going to bother trying to debunk it.

Except it's not racist. It's called holding people accountable for their own actions and not blaming other races for their failings.

I know you don't like the idea of owning up to your own mistakes, but please refrain from hurling your own feces as a counter argument.
what mistake did I make? Also is hurling feces a dog whistle for monkeys throwing poop hmmm??:lenny:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back