Use Number Pad?

I think the only way to do this currently is with a third party keymapper, unless theres some config file edit that I'm not aware of.

I would also find this useful since I often play with my left hand operating a controller and my right hand on the keyboard for techs, and the numpad is in pretty much exactly the right spot for comfort.

You could add PSO to Steam as a non-steam game, which will give you access to Steam Input, which you could use to map practically any keys or mice controls to your controller. This would eliminate the need to use a keyboard or mouse at all. Several people have created their own configurations that you can download via Steam Input too, if you didn't want to bother coming up with your own.

Not really a direct solution to enabling the numpad keys in-game if you only use a keyboard, but if you use a controller then it's an option to completely eliminate the need for a keyboard without having to bother with other third party apps (besides typing to talk I guess).

If you only use a keyboard, then you might be able to use something like Auto Hot Key to essentially remap the numpad keys to the regular number keys on the keyboard, but you'll need to write a script for that. Should be relatively easy though.

If you are playing with a controller you can use the numpad but you have to have num lock off and keyboard control disabled for the numpad to work for the shortcuts if either are enabled it wont work but if both are disabled you can use all the number shortcuts with the numpad.

If you are controlling your character via the keyboard there is no way to work around this without a 3rd party app since you need to have keyboard control disabled as well as numlock for the numpad to work

Last edited:
Back