unlock fps

azural

any idea how to unlock fps, i put it in search and it said no results and i dont see it in game options

PSOBB does not have the ability to go higher than 30fps. Old game.

edit: There are some examples of what it would look like at 60fps with frame interpolation and stuff

I think it could be cool but it's also something that could mess with the game and it would require some coding idk

Last edited:
Any hope of this being looked into for the client? I was reading that'd be on Ephinea to allow/advance this decision. 60 FPS PSO1 seems like the ideal solution for PSO gaming to me since NGS will likely never outgrow being a shallow Genshin Impact clone cash grab to sell gambling tickets.

WHO KNOWS? Maybe someday.

It's common knowledge that the game logic is tied to the framerate. Doing a native 60fps "upgrade" to the client may be more work than we feel like doing.

Certainly, something like adding DLSS3 frame generation support could be something I look into this summer, though it'd only work with NVIDIA 4xxx series cards and using the DirectX 12 API only.

That sounds awesome, I'm currently on a 3060 Ti and planning to skip the 40 series since it's been an awful generation but come next year I might run an upgrade when you don't have 4060 Tis falling behind the previous generation in some tests.

A lot of smart TVs will interpolate, might have some luck with that. Making pso not be frame dependent might be a royal pain considering the in game clock uses beat time.

WHO KNOWS? Maybe someday.

It's common knowledge that the game logic is tied to the framerate. Doing a native 60fps "upgrade" to the client may be more work than we feel like doing.

Certainly, something like adding DLSS3 frame generation support could be something I look into this summer, though it'd only work with NVIDIA 4xxx series cards and using the DirectX 12 API only.
Might be worth exploring the FSR3 option when it comes around (AMD's permissive open-source response to nvidia's DLSS3).

Given FSR2.1/2.2 works on older GPU (even Nvidia GTX9xx), we can hope FSR3 will also support a wider range of GPU than what DLSS 3.0 offers.

Framegen from NVIDIA DLSS 3 already leads to ugly generated frames which are noticeable when interpolating 30 FPS to 60 because frametime is so big especially in movement !
I'm not particularly hopeful for FSR3 for low-fps games.
The Diablo 2 community is fighting the low-FPS nature of the game (25 FPS ugh) by adding code that produces frames with the help of a prediction system, and though I don't really know how that works it produces smooth FPS. (See D2DX / D2GL, or recently the new season of ProjectD2 which incorporated D2GL into its client)

Last edited:
Hey, uh I read online and heard in a Digital Foundry video that FSR 3 has improved a lot and that generated frames are far less ugly/noticeable than before, especially when game camera movement is relatively tame. :)

Last edited:
Back