Units having +/- attributes when they're not supposed to?

Toshiko

Hello again. ;)

So I'm actually not sure if this is a bug or not, but I'm seeing the +/- attributes on some units which I've never seen them on before. The two that mainly confuse me are a Metal/Body-- which I no longer have, and a Dragon/HP- which I'm currently using. Over the years I've played PSO GC offline and Blue Burst on SCHT, and I'm 100% sure I've never seen a Dragon/HP with +/- on it. Could it be that the server just allows the +/- to appear on any unit?

Aleron Ives

Yes, HP and TP units are normally forbidden from having +/- attached to them, as are resistance, Technique, battle, restoration, and rare units.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
So, pretty much anything that's worth any value won't have any ++/-- attached. :p Might as well turn off ++/-- units, TBQH.

Anyway, we'll look at this!

Aleron Ives

You can't do that without seriously compromising the unit pool. Dropping a regular unit comes from a pool of all possible units, and each unit's --, -, normal, +, and ++ varieties count as a distinct unit within that pool. If you disable all of the + and - variations, the total number of units available decreases fourfold, and then it becomes much easier to get units of certain types (e.g. with no Marksman/Arm --, -, +, and ++ variations to worry about, your chance of getting an Elf/Arm is much higher than it should be -- not to mention that Elf/Arm++ is actually quite useful when you don't have a rare arm unit yet).

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
As the itempmt has the -/+ values set on these units the ship is applying them. I think the better option would be to set the -/+ values in the itempmt to 0 which will disable the chances of ever getting -/+. This will enable admins to be able to enable the -/+ on the units if they ever wish to do so without changing the source code.

In case anyone isn't aware. The -/+ value in the itempmt is the amount of stat increases/decreases that are required to increment a - or +. so a value of 1 would require 2 to become --/++ where as a value of 3 would require 6 to become --/++.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
Well by default it has a -/+ of 1. So an admin could make one. But as its a part of the rare drops -/+ isn't applied. -/+ is only applied to common drops

Aleron Ives

It's also worth noting that the maximum increment in the PMT is 4, as the client will remove bonuses that are greater than 9 (so if the increment is 4, +4 gives you +, while +8 gives you ++). If you set the increment to 5 and try to give a bonus of +10, PC will remove the bonus and give you a regular unit with no +.

Toshiko

Thought I'd necromance this thread. I assumed this was fixed a while ago as my Dragon/HP-- had it's pesky minuses removed, but I recently noticed I still have a resist/saint++, which according to Ives shouldn't be possible. Looking at my character stats sheet it also says it's giving me 12 ELT rather than the regular 10.