Ultimate Challenge Mode Feedback Thread

"In previous versions of PSO, Challenge mode could only be ran on the Ultimate difficulty.
With Ephinea, we’ve added a new Ultimate difficulty version of Challenge mode with our own custom character load outs and levels."

It is on your websites information page. It doesn't sound right to me.

"In previous versions of PSO, Challenge mode could only be ran on the Ultimate difficulty.
With Ephinea, we’ve added a new Ultimate difficulty version of Challenge mode with our own custom character load outs and levels."

It is on your websites information page. It doesn't sound right to me.
Woops, I meant for that to that could only be ran on the Normal difficulty.. LOL

I just had a new saber type drop in ult 1c1 with native and dark %, I'm guessing that should've been native and hit?
Interesting mode, excited to see how this will turn out when it's fully developed.

EDIT:
Some more thoughts based on a failed 2P u1c1 and u1c9:

-this is not 2P friendly at all, mostly because mob walking/animation speed makes it harder to control the battle and the inability to quickly take down an enemy by yourself. (10+ casts, 4+ combos to kill 1 mob)

-HU damage with base weapons and without support techs was very low, meaning class coordination has a lot more influence in this mode. (which I like!) I feel like it might more reflect normal mode meta. (How do RAs perform?)

-we switched to HU+FO, which made HU damage fine

-FO can't really dish out tech damage without wasting all TP (think spend entire TP bar in half a room, and fluids aren't as effective in ult). We tried FO melee with the basic HU gear, but this was extremely unreliable with FO ata, meaning there's no real reliable way for FOs to do damage.

-trifluids as normal drops are a great change

-FO support in 1c9 is very effective, perhaps too much so. Especially since nuking not being viable means there's no trade-off to spending TP on support.

-materials aren't as effective relatively speaking, and therefore aren't as much of a gamechanger

-weapon drop frequency didn't stand out to me as too much or too little

-I like that humar JZ was lv15 while FOs was only lv20. they are worse support but actually can do physical damage!

-give all HU/RAs /battle units or give flesh classes resta? as it is, not getting hit is too hard. I realize attacking from behind is a thing. Already these stages take a lot longer due to relatively larger enemy HP pools, but having to engage each mob from behind and then abandoning your combo after the 1st hit because the other enemies are too quick... waste of time.

Last edited:
I found the problem with the PT stuff. Actually it's a bug in the server software that has existed for a while and affects all modes.

I need to fix it and will be issuing a maintenance in about 3 hours to do so.

I'd disagree with giving things Resta since as soon as Resta is in play in Ultimate, pure support means you'll be able to just get through the stages easily by just spamming Resta as TP isn't really a resource you need to keep an eye on due to the larger TP pools compared to Normal.

What I'm wondering if, what if the starting loadouts had more tools instead, so you had more options to deal with enemies than just a saber or handgun. Not really sure what would make sense here though, but a direct copy of "Normal starters but stronger" might not be the best idea.

Alright, I fixed the PT loading issues and modified some things.

I'll be discussing with staff regarding loadouts and what not for Ult.

Back