Trade Forum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Hi guys, I keep getting reports from this section, so I'd like to enforce some rules and recommendations in here.

Rules:

1. No trolling, joking, etc. posts.

You might think it's entertaining, but it's not exactly entertaining when you're trying to get rid of an item and your thread has been derailed by people not taking the trade seriously.

Warnings will be handed out for this as people are starting to get frustrated with this behaviour. Repeat offenses will result in temporary and/or permanent bans from the trade forums, depending.

2. No auctions in the main forum.

Self-explanatory.

Recommendations:

1. No "this item actually sucks" posts (or related)

You might think the item actually sucks and you're "saving" someone from wasting their resources and/or time on it, but everyone has their reasons for wanting X item over Y. It's not your job to dictate what people should or shouldn't buy, and this only serves to derail threads. Take the discussion elsewhere.

This isn't an offense per se, but I'm sure people would appreciate it if you'd let them trade in peace instead of judging their decisions.

If you have any queries or issues, please don't hesistate to PM me, thanks.

Last edited:
A new rule has been added: Auctions must be posted in the Auctions subforum and not anywhere else.

Posting them elsewhere will have the auction deleted or moved depending on if it complies with the new rules.

Would also like to note that all trade forums now have a 14-day cutoff. Any threads that haven't had a post in them for 14 days or more will not display by default. They still exist, just have to be searched for either through the search function or by going to the end of the threads and clicking "Display older threads".

This should hopefully organise it a little more and make it so you don't accidentally reply to a dead trade list or something.

It's worth mentioning that it's not the responsibility of staff to make sure that your trade goes through fairly. Any trades, loans, or transfers are done at the risk of the user, and you should 100% trust that your trade partner will go through with it if you aren't using Trade Window. Remember to be smart about your trades.

That being said, continuously cancelling or tampering with auctions will result in a ban from the auction forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back