Torrs being poo heads lately?

Harborer of Hope

That Others May Live!
Staff member
For the past few weeks, mew's been getting a few in game mails of Torrs dropping.....NOTHING.... a LOT! lol. Just wanted to voice the cries of the crowds~! KTHNXBAI! <3

Incidentally, I've seen it a couple times during events with high DAR and RDR boosts where a special enemy that is theoretically supposed to have 100% DAR and RDR has dropped meseta. I've been wondering for a while how that could be possible. Does anyone have any idea?

Don't be too quick to dismiss something as bad luck. Errors have happened before with rates and / or the wrong item dropping. If there's a concern, it only takes a few minutes for Matt to check the code to make sure it's right.

For example, if a Torr has a 1/2 chance of dropping a Froozer and doesn't drop it say, 10 times in a row, that's the same chances as flipping a coin on Heads 10 times in a row. (Very low.) Though POSSIBLE, at that point you might want to check to make sure the coin isn't weighted or that both sides aren't Heads. (It's a metaphor.)

People on this server are way too quick to "put people in their place" or be like "RNG" or "welcome to PSO" if someone thinks something is wrong. It never hurts to check into it. Things have gone wrong with updates in the past.

I was able to track down some specific details for two examples. No idea if this info helps, but here it is.

Mil Lilies in Ultimate Caves have a base DAR of 100% and RDR of 87.5% for the Greenill section ID. On Hardcore, there is a minimum RDR boost of 30%. So 1.3 * 0.875 = 1.1375 or over 100%. Therefore, in theory, these Mil Lilies should always drop a DB's Saber (3062) for Hardcore players. Yet, I have a text from my friend on 12/27/2019 who told me that he had found a Mil Lily that dropped meseta instead. He wasn't too worried about it, but he thought it was weird given there shouldn't have been any chance of that happening.

On a separate occasion, I was farming for a Devil/Technique from Pouilly Slimes in VHard Caves on Redria. The DAR and RDR in this case is exactly the same as for the Mil Lilies I described before. On 2/8/2020, I texted my friend to let him know that the Pouilly Slime I found dropped me a Mind Material. Needless to say, I was a bit more upset than my friend given this is actually what I was farming for.

My friend seemed to think it must be the DAR boost that's affecting rare drops in some way. Personally I don't agree, but it does seem to indicate that there was a DAR boost active in both cases.

Back