This is incredible...

Zero_Hunter

Hello! Massive longtime Sega fan here. I started PSO on Dreamcast on launch day. I remember dialing up on Dreamcast and tying up our phone line every night until my dad broke down and got me my own line. PSO ver.1 and ver.2 were some of my absolute best years of gaming and I am thrilled to be able to play again.

I was playing around with NullDC earlier and stumbled across a reddit post about this community and I am blown away how well everything runs and how fantastically the game holds up today. To be completely honest I never knew a PC version of the game existed in the first place. A massive thank you to the dev team of this project for keeping the dream alive. Look forward to playing with everyone.

My only question at this point is where can I make a donation to help keep this thing going?

Welcome man, I played a little on my Brothers DC back in the day too. Glad to have you with us :)

Hello! Massive longtime Sega fan here. I started PSO on Dreamcast on launch day. I remember dialing up on Dreamcast and tying up our phone line every night until my dad broke down and got me my own line. PSO ver.1 and ver.2 were some of my absolute best years of gaming and I am thrilled to be able to play again.

I was playing around with NullDC earlier and stumbled across a reddit post about this community and I am blown away how well everything runs and how fantastically the game holds up today. To be completely honest I never knew a PC version of the game existed in the first place. A massive thank you to the dev team of this project for keeping the dream alive. Look forward to playing with everyone.

My only question at this point is where can I make a donation to help keep this thing going?
SQUEEeeeee! Another Old Guard Dreamcaster finding his way back to the Fight! The old memory of tying up the phone lines had Mew giggling! Her family Hated that too! lol! Heard we were on Reddit, but never read the article yet! Yes, the game has been 'holding up' wonderfully for years thanks to the self sacrificing efforts of our caring and gracious server gods <3! Other 'Private Servers' have been RUINED by Real Money Donations being abused and what-not. =(. But, You also picked the Purrfect Time to join our little tribe dear! Easter event is in full swing! Looking forward to Pouncing and Playing wiff you too! Speaking of Pouncing....what is your in game character name going to be so we know who to find wandering around? Hmmmmm? Oh, and most importantly.... Welcome Home! =3

Lol, I remember having around 193 battle wins on my 4th battle mode character with 0 disconnects on v2 pso, mom picked up the phone to call my sister and booted me off PSO mid-battle. Rip, had to make another one to attempt a clean record lol. Fortunately Xbox and GC PSO's Ethernet connection did away with those and only the rage quitters were punished.

I don't blame you for not knowing about the PC versions, the first PC version wasnt really marketed outside of Japan and when Blue Burst came around it was during the Xbox era of PSO. BB was viewed as a joke and a step backwards at first due to the removal of voice chat, the advanced search, and the lack of a great xbl friends system that people got used to. Fortunately it stuck around and the small PSO community has people like @Sodaboy and @tofuman to develop, host, and maintain the server for the rest of us nostalgic folk.

Welcome back to PSO!

Ah those were the days. Getting online and playing would get you chewed out when your parents needed to use the phone.

Welcome aboard! I am sure you will find alot of helpful and awesome people here.

SQUEEeeeee! Another Old Guard Dreamcaster finding his way back to the Fight! The old memory of tying up the phone lines had Mew giggling! Her family Hated that too! lol! Heard we were on Reddit, but never read the article yet! Yes, the game has been 'holding up' wonderfully for years thanks to the self sacrificing efforts of our caring and gracious server gods <3! Other 'Private Servers' have been RUINED by Real Money Donations being abused and what-not. =(. But, You also picked the Purrfect Time to join our little tribe dear! Easter event is in full swing! Looking forward to Pouncing and Playing wiff you too! Speaking of Pouncing....what is your in game character name going to be so we know who to find wandering around? Hmmmmm? Oh, and most importantly.... Welcome Home! =3

My in-game name is Zero playing a black and orange Hucast this time around. Ill get my guild card updated on the forum here soon.

Couldn't agree more with the OP and others..... No game has the same magic as PSO. My all time fave and I play every game that comes out looking for that magic.... how has there never been a console remake/remaster?!?!?!??!

Lol, I remember having around 193 battle wins on my 4th battle mode character with 0 disconnects on v2 pso, mom picked up the phone to call my sister and booted me off PSO mid-battle. Rip, had to make another one to attempt a clean record lol. Fortunately Xbox and GC PSO's Ethernet connection did away with those and only the rage quitters were punished.

I don't blame you for not knowing about the PC versions, the first PC version wasnt really marketed outside of Japan and when Blue Burst came around it was during the Xbox era of PSO. BB was viewed as a joke and a step backwards at first due to the removal of voice chat, the advanced search, and the lack of a great xbl friends system that people got used to. Fortunately it stuck around and the small PSO community has people like @Sodaboy and @tofuman to develop, host, and maintain the server for the rest of us nostalgic folk.

Welcome back to PSO!
AMEN! =n.n=!

Couldn't agree more with the OP and others..... No game has the same magic as PSO. My all time fave and I play every game that comes out looking for that magic.... how has there never been a console remake/remaster?!?!?!??!
Some TRIED.... but ALL the players came running back saying the SAME thing.... "It just doesn't have the same 'CHARM' as the Original". <3

There's no need to donate. Although we would appreciate spreading the word of Ephinea and PSO.

Thanks.

I don't miss dial up internet at all, fuck that shit. Fuck floppy disks as well.

Welcome, now that you are here you can never leave again.

Back