The Pokemon Thread

BlitzkriegAJ

CENSORED
Guildcard
So I found a bunch of threads for individual Pokemon things, thought I'd make a general Pokemon thread for all things Pokemon.

Here's my Pokemon stuff, recently got back into the card game so I'm running some basic Fairy/Dark deck I threw together from a Battle Arena set with some extras I bought. Gonna keep working on it, but I'll probably stick to casual play. Tournament winning decks just seem to be a mish-mash of EXs. Also waiting on a copy of SoulSilver from my friend. Can't wait for it, tbh.

WP_20170414_010_zpsdderlohz.jpg

4e0875d5-2386-4f2d-bf01-23f067da79c9_zpshsbplxq4.jpg

WP_20170414_005_zpspyfahniw.jpg

WP_20170414_006_zpsujigcyfs.jpg

Anyone else wanna share their Pokemanz?

You know, Blitz, there is a gameboy color game that will give you an idea how to play, if you didn't know already.. It's literally "Pokemon Trading Card Game".

I really need to put my cards to use, I have a mess of a half deck, like 28 pokemon cards and 2 energies. All scattered in my room. 2 from Mcdonalds lmao. Anyways, I really want to set up an actual deck around Poppilo, Snivy, and I might include Manaphy. Not certain yet.

You know, Blitz, there is a gameboy color game that will give you an idea how to play, if you didn't know already.. It's literally "Pokemon Trading Card Game".

I played the crap out of it when I was a teenager! I remember the Pokemon League in that game was hard as steel balls, but I was 12 years old at the time so maybe I just wasn't too smart.

I'm a poor dumdum, so I can't really get even a theme deck lmao

Aw. :c

Any of you played pokemon netbatttle? I loved that game until 4th gen was introduced and half of my cheese tactics were ruined by the new moves xD

So, it turns out that I have an old Trainer's Club account... Just gonna uh... find a way around that loop.

I created a new account under my old ass iCloud lmao.

I only went with iPhone 5, and I didn't like where Apple was going with new ones, so I went back to Android. You know the iPhone 10 is not gonna have a screen :p

My partner loves Pokemon. I personally played 1 of them - Colosseum. It was ok, but I was getting bored of turn based games by that point. A bit like point and click adventure games. I used to love them, but now I'm older and more engaging genres exist I struggle to enjoy these older gameplay styles.

Ed

Ah yes, Pokemans. Literally one of the defining pillars of my childhood. I have the complete first 5 sets of the TCG. Someone offered me $500 for them all when Pokemon Go got big, but I don't think I could sell my childhood like that. I also have a rather expansive collection of Game Boy Colors. Some I've modded, some I've refurbished, some with backlights, some with frontlights, some with audio mods for chiptune, and one that is still sealed, brand new in box. I even have a Chinese clone, a few actually, with LCD backlit screens. I have all the genuine Pokemon Games as well as a bunch of bootlegs.

Basically, I fucking love that shit.

Wait what? Gameboy color, backlight? Did you get the new mod chip or did you paid loads from the "only 21 made from some guy in China?" Backlighting in Gameboy colors has always been a big issue.
Lol no, that mythical Chinese screen is impossible to find. I have the kits available on Kitsch Bent, they're really shit though so if you were curious, I would recommend you stay away from these. Sadly, a really nice backlit one is still not available, but I'm optimistic that the tech will be available someday. There's also a kit available from some other guy, his name slips my mind, but it's really pricey.

Back