The Pet Thread

Egg hunting night; she's got comfortable already.

287fe089cc.jpg

these are my baby boys, Marth and Roy. (Marth is the fat one and Roy has the shaved patch)

they are five years young, brothers, and full of love. Roy has a shaved patch on either side due to having his chest cavity drained of chiral fluid. basically he has a semi-rare condition called chylothorax wherein lymphatic fluid drains into his chest from a tear in a thoracic lymphatic duct. his days are numbered, but it could be weeks, months, or years. he’s currently grooming/eating/playing/cuddling etc so he’s stable, but we don’t know for how long.

Marth thinks he’s alpha but is actually a giant softie and a total dingus.
8D3C25E8-086B-4A3F-90FB-BCB1F824B025.jpegE69F49E4-F069-435E-B46B-BEC3987023D4.jpeg42D3D045-8FA5-4C25-B7F0-B98AC7AE62EA.jpeg64AE64F1-EB96-4F84-A95D-A8A80275242E.jpeg

these are my baby boys, Marth and Roy. (Marth is the fat one and Roy has the shaved patch)

they are five years young, brothers, and full of love. Roy has a shaved patch on either side due to having his chest cavity drained of chiral fluid. basically he has a semi-rare condition called chylothorax wherein lymphatic fluid drains into his chest from a tear in a thoracic lymphatic duct. his days are numbered, but it could be weeks, months, or years. he’s currently grooming/eating/playing/cuddling etc so he’s stable, but we don’t know for how long.

Marth thinks he’s alpha but is actually a giant softie and a total dingus.
View attachment 5170View attachment 5171View attachment 5172View attachment 5173

i said goodbye to one of my best friends today.

we took Roy to have his chest drained again this morning because he stopped eating and his condition was declining. he got home, and after fully waking back up from the anesthetic, started mouth breathing badly. by the time i managed to get a vet on the phone, he had crawled under the bed with his brother Marth and decided it was time to go.

goodbye, sweet prince.

i said goodbye to one of my best friends today.

we took Roy to have his chest drained again this morning because he stopped eating and his condition was declining. he got home, and after fully waking back up from the anesthetic, started mouth breathing badly. by the time i managed to get a vet on the phone, he had crawled under the bed with his brother Marth and decided it was time to go.

goodbye, sweet prince.
<3

God bless your heart for adopting that cat. Good to know there's good people out there still.

I love all the pictures in here, especially the cat ones even though I'm deathly allergic to them.

I keep aquariums. You can't see much here but there's dozens of cherry red shrimp in this heavily planted 10 gallon.

Mew's totally forgotten it was Idontcare-kun and Logan-kun's passion to has Tarantulas!! <3 If memory serves Carpet pythons were GORGEOUS too! Monitors would be mews fave of all of them. Quite the hand/armful to handle =3!
Logan doesn't really like tarantulas. He's more into true spiders and huntsmans. He collects a few random inverts though.
He's the scorp guy more than anything to my memory. :)

Y'all posting about me way back when I wasn't even here. O: Here's my newest additions.

1.1 Male and Female Phrynus marginemaculatus.
gx8Dxcg.jpg

2.2 Male and Female Centruroides hentzi.
bTLTp8f.jpg

kEo92hc.jpg

1.3 Male and female Centruroides guanensis. Others aren't pictured as they're separated until all are comfortable with their enclosures.
EQAGuUe.jpg

BbZh0M9.jpg

Y'all posting about me way back when I wasn't even here. O: Here's my newest additions.

1.1 Male and Female Phrynus marginemaculatus.
gx8Dxcg.jpg

2.2 Male and Female Centruroides hentzi.
bTLTp8f.jpg

kEo92hc.jpg

1.3 Male and female Centruroides guanensis. Others aren't pictured as they're separated until all are comfortable with their enclosures.
EQAGuUe.jpg

BbZh0M9.jpg
YAAAAAAAS! <3! The night mew shone a blacklight on the back of the concrete steps to the Army breakroom at AIT school in El Paso and shown half a dozen itty bitty scorpions all hanging out...NO ONE EVER SAT THERE AGAIN!! XD! Whip scorpions were all over our barracks floors too lol! Fun Times!

Found this little one on the side of the road last night. Abandoned by some piece of shit owner. It was skin and bones pretty much and right side of it's face full of porcupine quills.
21 quills later + food and water and I have a new best friend =D
IMG_20180722_122344841.jpg

Back