The game that never gets old.......

1. Compared to other servers this server:

- Has no custom gear
- Different drop tables
- Base rates instead of permanent boosts
- ??? Probably some more stuff, there's a big thread in General but it's relatively outdated, I should fix that.

2. No. Vanilla stats, this will always stay. While vanilla is unbalanced to some degree it's not going to change on Ephinea, ever.

3. Default. The biggest core change here is that there is server code to mitigate the amount of Damage Cancel that occurs. Generally your shots should never get cancelled.

4. Nope. Blue Burst server, so Version 4 only.
*Gets a little Jelly that nowhere is it listed.... "We has...Mew!" =3 =P

.....i tried to get out... and the PULLED ME BACK IN!

Hello everyone, my name is Brandon,<corven>.
I have been playing pso sense the gc back in 2004 played ep3 until i was about ~king 120 ish, and played on shatack, ultima and now here for servers

I have always loved the way the game is played in that its a very simple game but very good at doing what its does. It to me is the best 3rd person dungeon crawler that has yet to be created. That being said, if you have ever played the game at any competitive level <i was 182 on RETAIL...<ya i spent A LOT of time on the game...> you will know the game was never balanced. Hucast, and Racast were just always the best, its just simple math. That being said, i never play ether!

On retail i played a Fomar named "Lance"
On shatack i played a ramar and a Fonewy

Here I will likely be going Fomar, as apparently a good fomar is rare on this server, and its still good in almost all situations. I am well aware of the role of a Fomar in solo duo and squads, so i know when to focus on dps and when to focus on buffing/debuffing. You wont see me running around spamming techs on a fomar <save support> unless the situation directly calls for it. <or im low level and dont have the gear for long range, but even in this case id prioritize support over dps as a fomar.

I considered also going a full support fonewy role, but tbch if i cannot be a tails i just dont want to play as a fonewy, its just a bit to weeaboo for me. <No offence to those who main it, to each his own>

That being said as i understand the clear difference in play-stile between solo and team i will likely end up with 2 different item sets depending on if im solo or not, <unless i get lazy and just end up carrying both>

A few things id like to know, for those who are frequent on THIS server and have played others AS WELL:

1: First off, what are the main differences between this server and others i should be aware of, beyond those described in the "expert hunter" section of the tital website?

2: Are any of the stat counts altered in any way, this has happened on other servers and id like to know ahead of time to plan out my toon, <i will likly save all mats i get until i get a full confirmation.

3: Are any core mechanics altered in any meaningful way, <ex. you cannot freeze lock someone in pvp or charge volc's. have a cap or idk boss "a" has this ability changed to do "this" or its rotation is changed to "that" estra estra. <for the meantime im going to assume default but id like to know if anything core has changed as obv. this is very important in end game play.>

4: Probably a very long shot but.....does ep3 work ? Due to segas refusal to give out the source code for online i have yet to see the ep3 work on a private server, but id love to relive the days spent in the lobby with "R" <was #6 god and a good friend of mine on retail

TLDR: Sup, im not a scrub, but tell me what has changed. :)
*POUNCES and examines closely!* You DO seem a lil' familiar to mew dear! And youre right....NO ONE Necessarily "QUITS" PSO lol. Welcome Home! =3

*POUNCES and examines closely!* You DO seem a lil' familiar to mew dear! And youre right....NO ONE Necessarily "QUITS" PSO lol. Welcome Home! =3

Well im glad to be back, and while i miss the combo of some items, and i really REALLY miss not being able to be tails. its going to be nice to go back to my roots as Fomar and show ppl how its ment to be played...........that being said i still have a long way to go XD

<currently lv 25 with lv 52 mag \ o />

Well im glad to be back, and while i miss the combo of some items, and i really REALLY miss not being able to be tails. its going to be nice to go back to my roots as Fomar and show ppl how its ment to be played...........that being said i still have a long way to go XD

<currently lv 25 with lv 52 mag \ o />
*doesn't meet your eyes and shifts from foot to foot nervously....* Ummmm....Tails is actually mews fave Staff perk skin mew enjoys the most too...Sooooo if mew sees you...she'll try Not to make u feel unhappy seeing it on someone eles dear. <3

*doesn't meet your eyes and shifts from foot to foot nervously....* Ummmm....Tails is actually mews fave Staff perk skin mew enjoys the most too...Sooooo if mew sees you...she'll try Not to make u feel unhappy seeing it on someone else dear. <3

I appreciate the consideration! :D
I just find the idea of a 2 foot fox walking around with a 4 foot rifle absolutely hilarious.
/pet

I appreciate the consideration! :D
I just find the idea of a 2 foot fox walking around with a 4 foot rifle absolutely hilarious.
/pet
Heheheheh! Mew was like that on Dreamcast with her tiny RAcaseal....Robotikitten...She was a Cannon with FEET!

You truly can never run from Pso! most people tend to even log on every now and then just to see how the lobby is lol.

Welcome to Ephinea! enjoy your time. ^^;

You truly can never run from Pso! most people tend to even log on every now and then just to see how the lobby is lol.

Welcome to Ephinea! enjoy your time. ^^;

Thank you for a welcome Elf! im glad to be here!

Back