• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
So, looking at the accounts, it looks like Hardcore mode isn't really that popular... 263 accounts in HC vs 3151 for Normal.

Anyway, I knew it was kind of a "niche" thing to begin with, but I think that even with the 263 accounts that are HC, there probably aren't a lot that even play it.

So, right now, thinking about stuff to do for HC takes time away from devoting stuff to Normal mode... also, yeah, splits people between those who are playing HC and those who are playing Normal.

I was taking a look at it tonight and was thinking, maybe I should just rip Hardcore mode out of the server. What do you think?

I'm not saying it is going to happen, it is just something I was thinking about... This topic is a poll and I want some opinions about it.

Now I know some people are thinking if that happens, what happens to the characters? Obviously, they'd need some adjusting, maybe just their levels, and yeah, the team points would be scaled as well, but anyway... Just wanted to ping you guys and see how you felt.

Thanks for your feedback!

P.S. At the time of this poll, it is temporarily not possible to create a Hardcore character through the website.

I just started getting into it! :(

If you are worried about it detracting from normal, maybe just keep HC up but no longer work on HC-specific content? I have to admit though, I was really looking forward to Seasons.

I'm a casual player. Only played one class/race and never have gotten too far, lvl wise with ANY character I've ever created. I still think this is a good feature to have, even if people aren't using it. Having something new to "freshen" the experience for older players is good. I agree, if that few people are using maybe don't put resources/time into making it better, but cutting it might do more harm than good.

I don't necessarily think that Hardcore should be removed, instead the border between Hardcore and Normal accounts should be lifted and should still be able to interact with each other/play with each other. Like there shouldn't be any of those Hardcore-exclusive rooms anymore and Normal-exclusive rooms anymore.

But even if what I stated above isn't going to happen, I still think that Hardcore is a nice feature to have. It gives Players a new commitment to the game from a different angle when they're ready to take up the challenge upon themselves.

How about just not doing anything? Leave it be. The few of us there are enjoy the mode as it is, we don't need events or whatever. Let it be its own existence, completely optional. Just how it is now.

I can do that, I had Normal and Hardcore able to play with each other before, but then someone said it'd be too carebear. I could totally remove the restriction though, np. Though they could only exist together in PSO2 style games so that the drop boost for HC doesn't affect a Normal player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back