The Direct3D device has been lost... (FIXED)

Detourist

Detourist#6717
Guildcard
Suddenly, after updating my drivers and installing Nvidia's new program, 'GeForce Experience', I can no longer alt+tab to look at a different window without the game closing and getting an error window that says
"The Direct3D device has been lost and cannot be restored. Rendering the game is no longer possible. Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst will now close."

I Googled it and found no results except for an old one on these forums where @Soly tells a guy to disable UAC (which I already had disabled long before this problem arose)

Any help would be very much appreciated because I frequently like to surf the web while playing!

Make sure Classic Fullscreen is disabled
IrSnxMa.png

Switch to the newer fullscreen mode, which is just window mode that fills the screen. If you interrupt true fullscreen mode for any reason, the game will close, because Sega didn't bother to add code to let the game recover after another program takes over the display.

Make sure Classic Fullscreen is disabled
IrSnxMa.png
Switch to the newer fullscreen mode, which is just window mode that fills the screen. If you interrupt true fullscreen mode for any reason, the game will close, because Sega didn't bother to add code to let the game recover after another program takes over the display.
Thank you for trying to help, the thing is I've been running it with classic fullscreen off since the beginning and have always been able to run it in full screen without alt tab ever being a problem..

The other thing I changed was I added the ENB thing to increase the lighting quality, and now just for testing, I noticed I can't turn it off in the ENB Config as when I select ENB Off, it gives me a bunch of ????? ??? and then when I start up the client, it still says "Black Emerald Team http://psobb.ru" in the upper left corner.

Nevermind, I fixed it!
I didn't have the correct ENB files in the directory and it wasn't working but now I do and I can once again alt atb in full screen with no problem with all the glorious effects of ENB!!

Back