Thank You and Looking For Direction

Lynn

Guildcard
Howdy!

So glad Ephinea exists! PSO on DC was an important game for me as a child and I've been delighted to experience it again 20yr later!

I've currently got a lvl127 FOnewearl with about 150hrs of played time. I spent the first chunk playing Solo (which was a fun nostalgia trip as I was never able to play online on the DC,) and have really been enjoying online play recently, but I find myself stuck in a bit of a limbo currently.

I'm a bit lost when it comes to gearing up - I've been following the material build, have the appropriate min-max Mag, and I've been referencing BiS gear list on the Wiki for my class, but I don't really understand how to go about gearing myself further outside of solo play and thoughtfully switching my Class ID every three months which sounds like a recipe for burn-out. Is there a better way to go about this?

I'm also completely out of my depth with things like TTF and PW4 and most of the Ultimate games are for quests like these. I found the thread explaining acronyms, but where do I find outlines of how these quests actually work? The Wiki seems kind of sparse? I'm happy to say I've never once experienced harassment in response to my inexperienced flaudering, but I'm genuinely interested in learning how to be a more capable party member and I'm having trouble finding the resources I need.

Lastly, and this a bit embarrassing, but I don't really understand how I should be using non-FO weapons despite having read the FO guide on here (thank you.) I have a Demon's Raygun for example, but I can't seem to hit anything with it? I also have a Red saber, but haven't yet acquired a Crimson Cloak; should I be using it anyway? etc.

Thanks for any and all input.

Hi!

You're off to a very good start already with your mag and mat plan. For gearing, if you're okay with it, what a lot of people like to do is trade Photon Drops for items they need rather than farm them all themselves. This is of course a preference thing - some people like to play self-found only and it's certainly a fun way to play too. Selling items you don't need is a good way to make PDs, and Discord's Trading channel is a good place for this.

In terms of learning quests, it's mostly about playing them a lot! There are guides on PSO-World (i.e., TTF, PW4) that are very in-depth if you'd like to look at them (and also many videos out there), but a lot of the people who know the ins and outs of a quest have just played them a ton and have every spawn memorized because of that. I'm very glad to hear that no one's been rude here about inexperience, this is something that I was worried about when first starting out too. I think you'll find that the community here is very nice & understanding to new players.

How much hit does your Demon's Raygun have? 50 hit is relatively common, and I have some extra ones if you'd like one! For Demon's, Slicer of Fanatic, Bringer's Rifle, and S-rank Demon's Mechguns are FOnewearl's most common/best options, but SoF and Bringer's are a little expensive to get decent hit ones of when first starting out. Red Saber as you mentioned is one of FOnewearl's melee options (she is very limited sadly >_< ) but Vivienne is another good one. For frames, getting/buying an Ignition Cloak if you don't have one might be a better option for now, but I do think I have an extra Crimson Coat somewhere too. Crimson Coat + Red Saber's best use for FOnewearl is for locking Vol Opt if no one else in your party can do this (or for soloing), but it's still okay outside of that for single target so it's good to have if you don't have Vivienne or prefer not to use it.

Take care, and welcome to Ephinea! :)

Last edited:
Aaaaaahhh. Using PDs makes a lot of sense. I'd been holding on to all my rares in case I wanted to start another class, but I should probably see if I can sell a few.

Noticing now my Raygun doesn't even have a listed Hit rating, so I'm guessing it doesn't have any which would explain things...

Thank you.

Last edited:
Aaaaaahhh. Using PDs makes a lot of sense. I'd been holding on to all my rares in case I wanted to start another class, but I should probably see if I can sell a few.

Noticing now my Raygun doesn't even have a listed Hit rating, so I'm guessing it doesn't have any which would explain things...

Thank you.
*Puts Lynn-san on her 'POUNCE on SIGHT' List~! * =3

If you are enjoying solo play, and still intend to do that mostly; the BiS gear recommendations are probably going to vary.

Solo play tends to see a lot more tech casting and direct damage dealing.
Party play tends to see more focus around the support, debuffs, and Demon’s special.

So if you’re intending to play solo mostly, I’d prioritize things like Magical Piece and Merge (Barriers) over Slicer of Fanatic and other party play optimized gear.

As for figuring out quests.
I was really nervous about jumping into parties without knowing how the quest worked.
So I just started running them solo in Normal mode, to familiarize myself with them.
Or if you just want to jump right into it, most parties will have no problem with it being your first time. Just tell them that upfront, and I’m certain most everyone will be nice/able to relate.
I’ve never had a party turn me away or be mean to me when I’m first trying a quest.
Best case sceniaro, if I’m doing something that isn’t the best/easiest way for dealing with a room; some people are eager to give constructive advice on how my class can make life easier for the party.
(Pre-cast GiFoie in this next room, focus on this one enemy and ignore the rest, etc.)

Check out the quest called The Restless Lion in Episode 4. You’ll need Rabarta to freeze the “NPC player” enemies, but it’s a great quest for finding weapons with 50% hit, and generally making money.
It’s a good area for higher level techs to drop. People will buy the Caliburs if they have 50% hit. And the loot sells for a decent amount of meseta. (Which you can then sell to other players for PDs.)
It’s not the top quest to run for making money.
But it’s really good for solo tech casting, and will get you a variety of gear, should you choose to start another class.

@Linker very helpful, thank you. I'd like to focus on group play, and the suggestion of running the quests in Normal first to get a better understanding of the mechanics is great.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the advice. I'm having a blast at lvl 151 currently.

Continuing this as my person newbie question thread: How do I "Use" equipable items with on-use effects? I have a Glide Divine, but even after playing for 10min I'm not seeing the option to do the TP refill when I select it.

Thanks.

Thanks all for the advice. I'm having a blast at lvl 151 currently.

Continuing this as my person newbie question thread: How do I "Use" equipable items with on-use effects? I have a Glide Divine, but even after playing for 10min I'm not seeing the option to do the TP refill when I select it.

Thanks.
Glide needs to be equipped for 10min straight without swapping. So the ability is largely useless as being able to swap is better than a free trifluid

Back