Suggestion about controller mapping of the map function. (ctrl+m) + (/map)

Tiktaks

On console versions of PSO if you were to play co-op you were able to press "Y" on Gamecube to bring up the big map/full-map, similar to that of Ephinea's Ctrl+M shortcut.

If Ephinea could introduce the option to bind this to a controller button, it would be the last remaining control difference between the console and the PC.

I understand you can use third party tools to do this, but this is about Ephinea and natural support for this feature, not using third-party tools.

It could be the same as console versions where it just replaced the chat button "Y"...

or

It could be an entirely different keybind all together.

For example, the Gamecube didn't even have a select button in the first place, nor a second L button, both of which are common today. Having an additional button for this map would go a long way into allowing true native support that OG console fans could enjoy natively.

Appreciate everyone's time and send thanks to all who read it.

~Tak ("No Trades" on Classic)

<3

Last edited:
Sorry, not going to happen. While I can figure out how to implement new entries to that menu and make them toggle /map like ctrl+m, it's a fair amount of work and testing. It would also require server changes in a handful of places. And then other players would ask for it for /cam or /hud (or other commands added in the future). And at some point, the menu would require a second page which is basically a rewrite of that entire menu in the client.

There's also the problem that PSOBB doesn't really understand the left/right triggers used by xbox style controllers, so you have only 1 free button usually that PSOBB recognizes. So yeah, a ton of work when there's already an available workaround.

Hey Tiktaks, not that it helps much, but I do have all of the useful slash commands like /lobby and /bank tied to my GameCube controller on buttons. I trigger these with hold commands, so for example in order to trigger /bank, I hold R on my controller for 3 seconds. It's not the most perfect solution, but playing PSO with those third party tools makes a world of difference in your play experience, for very little time investment in setup. And one you do have it set up, you'll never really have to mess with it again. I think it's definitely worth looking into options like that. You could easily map something like CTRL+M too.

Back