Stuttering

CTB

uwu
Guildcard

I have no idea what is causing this but it's really annoying. Moving BB to another drive doesn't seem to change the behavior (SSD or HDD.) The hardware is capable and it's not a result of the demonstration recording.

It was a problem on my last computer too but it wasn't quite as noticable. Mostly happening with characters loading in (can see it happening when weapons haven't been used before though.) No AV installed yet, disabling overlays did nothing, etc.

help?

No idea how to help you. I have a similar setup as you, same processor but a GTX 980 and don't have that issue or any type of issue similar to that.

I'm also on Windows 10 as opposed to 7. My only suggestion to you is to maybe play with compatibility settings or maybe reinstall DirectX? Reset all NVIDIA Control Panel settings to default?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Edit: I'd also try running a bare naked Ephinea client without any custom skins or bullshit like that too.

It's definitely going to be down to something you're loading across your machines, whether it is modifications to your client or something you have a habit of installing on your Windows installations.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTB
Guess I should never skip the basics, naked client (rather, reinstalling) fixed it. Pretty weird but hey! thx bae

edit: lol then it started doing it again. Gonna have to look at things...

Last edited:
haha just kidding i don't know what causes this

RIP

Last edited:
You could try disabling G Sync. Although it's supposed to improve the smoothness of games its been reported to actually cause pausing and stuttering in some games.

My monitor isn't cool and I don't enable it. But I forgot to update, sorry.

The controller on my mobo is messed up and both of my Toshiba drives (plugged in a 1TB Toshiba I thought was dying to check) have read/writes of 0.5MBps after a few hours of being on. Reboot fixes it until it happens again later. The SSD and third media drive are unaffected by this, but the Toshibas slow down forces everything else to hiccup as well. Cables and slots didn't change anything. What likely set it off on the last computer was having BB on a Seagate drive that was on the way out too.

Solution was to hook up the bigger Toshiba to a USB drive diagnostic and bench the other Toshiba until I get an additional SATA controller. Now the drive (and thus BB) run fine, 8x AA and Supersampling galore.

Thanks for showing some care and trying to help a brother out tho

what the FUCK Asus!!

Last edited:
Yeah the mobo came with something similar. Thought about using it but I finally figured it out.

Since you popped this up, I should mention that it wasn't my controller...or the HDDs...and the USB didn't fix it after all. It was the GPU! Or bad software, rather. MSI has this little piece of shit app that controls the 1080 LED/fans/OC called Gaming App (oc donut steal.) This program auto-runs an ActiveX thing that plugs away doing something, I don't know what, but apparently it has to do with overflowing the WMI.

Even when the program wasn't killing the drives, they still ran much slower than they do with MSI's ActiveX portion disabled. So now I have an extra SATA card and RMAd a drive for no effective reason, but everything's been running swell for a week. The drive I have PSO running on went from 50MBps to 150MBps and none of the drives drop to that 0.2MBps shit anymore. :)

MSI.jpg

Back