Strange lag issue

Foxxee

Guildcard
Hihi.

Up until recently, I have been having a great experience with Ephinea and have had a relatively stable connection with around 70 ping, sometimes getting into the 80s or 90s.

I play on US Fodra.

Beginning two days ago, my ping will climb throughout the evening. By 7pm I start having 300ms ping, by 9pm it is up to 600ms, etc. It usually peaks around 1000-1100 ms.

The strange part though, is that the problem completely fixes itself right around midnight. I logged in at around 12:15 AM last night and had about 67ms ping. It had been about 1000ms not 30 minutes prior. It then seemed to be fine for the rest of the time I was up too.

I have already tried troubleshooting this myself at length. I can list everything I have already tried if someone might be willing to help. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, as I would really like to continue enjoying this game.

Thanks.

Don’t think it is anything on our end. Not much we can do to investigate the issue.

I’d start investivating your own equipment in the following order:

1. Your PC and background processes. (Maybe even try playing from another computer.)

2. Checking your network router or traffic on your network for high utilization, perhaps resetting it when you see high ping.

3. Doing a tracert to ephinea1.pioneer2.net and see if and where a specific hop is introducing lag. (If you see something specific, perhaps contacting your ISP and reporting it.)

That’s all I can suggest to you at the moment.

Good luck!

I have I think all but ruled out a PC issue and there is no other traffic on my network. I can connect to other games that I play perfectly fine, and have very low ping (typically 25-40 in most games).

I did just perform a tracert and every hop was super clean until the very last one. I don't know if that means that's the Ephinea server or if that is the last hop before reaching the server. I haven't used that command much. I can send you a screenshot if it would help.

EDIT: Sorry, yes, I can confirm that the lag is only introduced in the connection to the Ephinea server. Every hop before that is clean. What does this mean? Is there anything I can do?

Your screenshot wouldn't help me. Plus it's not really my problem to solve.

It is nice that you've ruled out a PC issue, have no other traffic on your network, and can play other games perfectly fine, but I haven't heard of anyone else is experiencing this issue. Also, the server wouldn't just single you out out of everyone else to mess with and in such an incremental way until a specific time.

Maybe someone else has some other ideas that could help you troubleshoot the issue on your end.

I do hope you can figure out the problem and wish you good luck!

I appreciate that this is not your problem, and I also appreciate you taking any time to try and help me.

I guess the peculiar thing I'm left with here is that I am able to connect to the router for NFO Servers, which I assume is your host, with a normal ping. Then when I am routed to the specific server for Ephinea, that is where the jump in ping occurs.

Perhaps you are right and there is someone else who can help me.

Back