Starting PSO for the first time this year

I grew up on a Sega Master System and Sega Genesis, but when newer consoles came out my family insisted that we had enough. I started turning to the PC for my gaming needs, and only heard bits here and there about the Dreamcast during my high school years.

During all this time I was a big Phantasy Star fan, having played it on the SMS and then going into numbers 2 and 3 (I would get to 4 in my 20s). But I went through an austere period in my 20s (don't ask me to explain) where I put away video games entirely, among other things.

When I got back into video games eventually, I had heard bits about PSO. I think I felt disappointed that they changed the gameplay style from the original Phantasy Star games. I do however remember downloading it once and not knowing how to get it to work (I knew virtually nothing about online gaming). Again I didn't think about it for a while, until recently.

I discovered this website months ago now and dabbled into it, but I eventually decided that I wanted to get a sense of what it was like to play back in the days, which led to purchasing a Sega Dreamcast. I've been playing through the offline mode now and getting more comfortable with the gameplay. I still have some way to go to finish the offline mode, but I do eventually want to commit myself to online play, and I'll most likely do that through Ephinea.

Anyway, in the meantime I hope to drop by from time to time, and once I'm done playing on the Dreamcast it would be great to come on here more often. It is amazing how little I still know about online gaming.

I've named my character on Ephinea "Blade" (how creative), currently level 3.

Last edited:
I grew up on a Sega Master System and Sega Genesis, but when newer consoles came out my family insisted that we had enough. I started turning to the PC for my gaming needs, and only heard bits here and there about the Dreamcast during my high school years.

During all this time I was a big Phantasy Star fan, having played it on the SMS and then going into numbers 2 and 3 (I would get to 4 in my 20s). But I went through an austere period in my 20s (don't ask me to explain) where I put away video games entirely, among other things.

When I got back into video games eventually, I had heard bits about PSO. I think I felt disappointed that they changed the gameplay style from the original Phantasy Star games. I do however remember downloading it once and not knowing how to get it to work (I knew virtually nothing about online gaming). Again I didn't think about it for a while, until recently.

I discovered this website months ago now and dabbled into it, but I eventually decided that I wanted to get a sense of what it was like to play back in the days, which led to purchasing a Sega Dreamcast. I've been playing through the offline mode now and getting more comfortable with the gameplay. I still have some way to go to finish the offline mode, but I do eventually want to commit myself to online play, and I'll most likely do that through Ephinea.

Anyway, in the meantime I hope to drop by from time to time, and once I'm done playing on the Dreamcast it would be great to come on here more often. It is amazing how little I still know about online gaming.

I've named my character on Ephinea "Blade" (how creative), currently level 3.
Squeeeeeeee!!! ....Hmmmm.... kinda hard to classify you... You're a veteran...yet Not a veteran...you has combat experience, yet not online...well, for one....you'll be tickled to know your foregone Sega consoles are actually available again as MAG battle buddies to take everywhere wiff you! <3. With that teaser said,..gonna have to tell you that your Dreamcast control pad will only help you online if you get your paws on some rare USB adapter thingy to get it to work on your PC. If by chance you has a wired Xbox360/ONE/PS4 pad laying around somewhere...Those are not only plug and play, but the button layout is similar to the Dreamcast pad! For some of us its like 17 years of muscle memory, for You it may be a lil familiar or purrfect! =3. You'll fit right in with us and since you're already killing native wildlife will find it a fine and supportive community. Kay', now that we got all the technical and mushy stuff outta the way...Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you! Welcome Home!! =3
Oh...by the way.... "Can you Blush?" lol >=3

Last edited:
oooo! an oldie! welcome welcome to EPHINEA!~
Blade..? hmm. how creative! synonyms classify as KNIFE, SWORD, BRAND, EDGE... tehe. see where Mayu is going?
no?
ok
anyway..
how fascinating! buying a Dreamcast in 2018 didn't prove to be difficult, mayu assumes..?
nonetheless, online play > offline play! it's always fun interacting with others and online play adds a completely different playstyle and atmosphere to the game, hopefully which you'd enjoy.
enjoy your stay, welcome home, and if you find Mayu in lobby feel free to say hi.~ n.n

Welcome to Ephinea!

Back