Spawn timer in MAS is unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

;3
Hi folks,

I'm unsealing my SJS currently so I've been doing some MAS runs.

The spawn timer in MAS is a time waster and isn't necessary. No items drop in the quest, kills in the quest don't count toward anything event related, and when you get your character to Lv. 200, the other 99% of the game comes from hunting your ideal gear.

If you really want to spend all of your time in MAS with zero chance for any items to drop, that's your choice. If you want to get all the way to Lv. 200, so be it. You won't have any items to show for it, and that's the CORRECT price you pay. Making the player sit there and "wait" between spawns - in ADDITION to not getting any drops - is dumb. As soon as you finish killing a wave, the next wave should appear.

I am very against "artificial extenders" in games. They're insulting to the player. Please change this.

Last edited:
why stop there? why not just give sjs a /use function from the time it drops? Where do you draw a line between artificial extender and quirk, charm, or even feature? and who is to saw that your line matters at all to me or to anyone else?

This would fundamentally alter the way the quest is played in terms of gif positioning, tech combos, etc. It is a massive change to the subdesert section's pace. With such a large change, certainly this topic deserves a conversation rather than a decree.

i don't mind and it and actually enjoy it as part of the quest's lo-fi and homebrew vibe, so I would prefer the quest remain in its original state. So i guess that brings the community to a tie!

Ultimately its up to the creator of the quest for how they wish the pace of the spawns to be. There is nothing inherently wrong with these delays, because as stated by Cameron is a nice time to set up stacks of gifoie for the incoming spawns (the ones you're waiting on are typically the merissa + detonator spawn, the lizard + det spawn, and then near the end the big lizard spawn) so gif stacking works great for these.

If you want faster unsealing, there's always BtH.

Ultimately its up to the creator of the quest for how they wish the pace of the spawns to be. There is nothing inherently wrong with these delays, because as stated by Cameron is a nice time to set up stacks of gifoie for the incoming spawns (the ones you're waiting on are typically the merissa + detonator spawn, the lizard + det spawn, and then near the end the big lizard spawn) so gif stacking works great for these.

If you want faster unsealing, there's always BtH.

I'm trying to unseal SJS while I'm at work, so if I get a phone call and have to afk during BTF and the timer runs out, I'm out all that money.

Yes, first world problem.

Also, creating a quest that RELIES on Gif Stacking is too meta. Sega didn't do stuff like that, and I seriously doubt Gif Stacking and instant killing spawns was ever intended. Sega just never tested their dumb game.

So now because people want to design their quest with exploitative mechanics in mind, I have to stand around and wait for my dumb sword to unsesal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back