Soul Eater not saving grind

Ryan

✨ Lucky Lucky
Staff member
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
I got my Soul Eater last night and ground it up to max (+9), and used a trigrinder on it when it was +8 to try and bypass the grind limit like I did back on Gamecube. It only went to +9, but when I logged back in it didn't have any of the grind at all... I buffed it up to +9 again and it still didn't save! Just to test this, I put +1 on all the weapons in my inventory right now, and only the Soul Eater didn't save. D: Here's a couple of screenshots for proof; I didn't take any when it was +9, but the grinders are definitely gone from my bank. :(

edit: made screens png and not bmp... seriously pso D:

Sorry to hear that, we'll check to see why the Soul Eater grind doesn't save.

Just ran my own test and didn't experience that issue. Not sure why your Soul Eater doesn't grind and I'm not calling you a liar, I guess some more investigation will be needed. And, yes, I made sure to completely leave the bank before coming back to it.

Attachments

• se_grind4.jpg
    se_grind4.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 70
  • se_grind3.jpg
    se_grind3.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 78
  • se_grind2.jpg
    se_grind2.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 72
  • se_grind1.jpg
    se_grind1.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 80
Could it have to do with the fact that I tried to push it past its max grind with a Trigrinder?

edit: I'm out of grinders, but maybe try doing this on a basic weapon with low max grind.

No, if the item is pushed past it's max, the server only sets it to it's max.

Here is the exact and only code that adjusts grinds in the server:

PMT_WEAPON * work_weapon;
work_weapon = (PMT_WEAPON *)&itempmt_file[itempmt.pmt_lookup_table[0x00][i->item.data[1]][i->item.data[1]].pointer];

if (i->item.data[3] > work_weapon->maxgrind)
i->item.data[3] = work_weapon->maxgrind;
It's extremely basic and all that's needed, really.

Huh.

Do you think you could make another soul eater with the same stat as mine later (I think ATP is variable) and I can see if that one has the same problem?

What are the stats on your Soul Eater? You didn't add any percents with spheres, right? So I'm assuming it's straight up 0% all across the board. I'll try with a Soul Eater +8. Give me a moment.

OK, there's definitely a bug. For some reason, the server thinks Soul Eater's max grind is +68. The PMT look up function must not be working correctly. Let me figure it out.

Let me also tell you that your grinds weren't lost. When I patch this, your Soul Eater will revert to +9.

Ryan said:
Yeah, there aren't any percents. (I never knew how to get spheres...)

EDIT: PSOW lists the Soul Eater as having variable ATP, which is why I asked.

The variable atp of a weapon is used when calculating the damage your attacks do. All soul eaters have the same atp,but when you swing, the game picks a number between the variable range to apply damage.

And spheres come from the episode 2 quest Gallons Shop. You bring 99 photon drops to him and he will exchange them for 1 photon sphere which you can then use to add %s

@Soda: Oh, awesome! That's all I cared about to begin with :D

@Andy: thanks, the more you know!

OK, all fixed. But it won't be fixed on Fodra until Maintenance on Sunday.

Remember the code I posted above?

work_weapon = (PMT_WEAPON *)&itempmt_file[itempmt.pmt_lookup_table[0x00][i->item.data[1]][i->item.data[1]].pointer];

It should have read:

work_weapon = (PMT_WEAPON *)&itempmt_file[itempmt.pmt_lookup_table[0x00][i->item.data[1]][i->item.data[2]].pointer];

If you want to fix your Soul Eater now, go to Algol/Dev and either already have it in your inventory when you're on that ship or deposit it into the bank, leave the bank completely, and then withdraw it from the bank. It will be automatically fixed.

This is actually a problem with grinds on ALL weapons right now, surprised it wasn't caught earlier, but it is what it is.

I'll do that right now. Thanks a ton!

Back