Some interesting differences on Dreamcast.

It's really not worthwhile compared to this or even the Gamecube version but I hooked up my Dreamcast to take videos and screens of my old chars & mags & weapons, and discovered that anyone who can use techs can use all of them up to L15 (if they have high enough max TP), instead of the more specific allowances in later versions. So a Humar can use shifta/deband, grants, and probably megid. Hunewearls only go up to Lv 15 but can use grants, megid, and reverser, opposed to the more limited selection but L20's here. Of course only v2 goes beyond 15 and chars could use whatever level they could reach within their much lower max TP in v1.

Anti goes up to Lv30 instead of only 7.

Dreamcast of course has lovely hit materials for easy +2's to ATA that were deleted from later PSO's. While Dex on mags is needed here, it was a waste on DC.

A very lame difference - The three lesser rares of the different basic weapon types just look generic fluctuating between two colors (DB's Saber, Last Survivor, Flowen's Sword, Dragon Slayer, Varista, Brionac, Gae Bolg, A&M60 Vise, etc). When I started playing my own GC version a few months ago, I was surprised to see the cool custom graphics the weapons have since gained.

Another downer: In the normal game mode, Androids have no traps. Not sure I ever tried battle mode added in v2 to know if they have them there.

From what I remember v1 had decent loading, but v2 has pretty damn long times including just to see what character you want to load.

You have five languages to choose from and a background music test. Also you can set sound effect and music volumes independently.

Of course Hucaseals, Ramarls, and Fomars are missing.

Even v2 on Dreamcast has substantial differences in max stats than later PSOs according to info on pso-world

And racaseal can use chain sawd! Yas 9k is racast only too...lol

Spread needle on HUmar/cast is so broken.

For V2:

-No mat limits, you do not need to be level 200 to have max stats
-Casts cannot use traps until they are level 100 in which they'll be able to use 10 traps. Once to level 150, 15 traps, and then level 200, 20 traps
-HUmar/RAmar/HUnewearl can use Grants, Megid, and Resverser but it's all level 15 anyway (with the exception of Res tech anyway, that doesn't need a level.)

Pointless information:
-Casts use consume antidotes and antiparalysis, it doesn't do anything anyway
-DB's Saber special is Spirit, this was later removed for V3 on onward. (only then to have another blue saber [that has Spirit special] named Flamberge for V4.)

Also I always stare at these max stats to this day, I have no idea why: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=343
(Yes, let us laugh at V1 stats...)

Casts cannot use traps until they are level 100 in which they'll be able to use 10 traps. Once to level 150, 15 traps, and then level 200, 20 traps
Nupe. You get 10 traps when you're < level 100, 15 traps when you're level 100+, and 20 traps when you're level 150+.

HUmar/RAmar/HUnewearl can use Grants, Megid, and Resverser but it's all level 15 anyway (with the exception of Res tech anyway, that doesn't need a level.)
Megid 16 is actually weaker than level 15 on V2, so you don't want to upgrade your Force's Megid until you find a level in the high 20s (not that Megid is very important, anyway).

Casts use consume antidotes and antiparalysis, it doesn't do anything anyway
It saves the game on PC, which can be useful. ;) Fleshies can also use them at any time, instead of only when they have the negative status (for saving purposes).

A very lame difference - The three lesser rares of the different basic weapon types just look generic fluctuating between two colors (DB's Saber, Last Survivor, Flowen's Sword, Dragon Slayer, Varista, Brionac, Gae Bolg, A&M60 Vise, etc). When I started playing my own GC version a few months ago, I was surprised to see the cool custom graphics the weapons have since gained.

I actually really, really liked the Varista and the Dragon Slayer's coloring! Especially the Dragon Slayer... I actually like that design better than the "fantasy" design that they went with in V2.

I actually really like DC's effects personally. I think the freeze effect and gifoie in particular are really nice. The amount of missing stuff from v1 and 2 is actually disappointing.

Not sure I ever tried battle mode added in v2 to know if they have them there.
They do. Rule 2/3/6 are exactly the same as they were in v2 (map and A.I. enemies). The tech boosts added to v3 completely change the metagame. GOTTA BE QUICK WITH THOSE DTs y0!

Not only the stats, but how damage is calculated, % may only go to 50 and 45 on ultimate (would result in 60 and 55% if the weapon is tekked right) but the change can either hinder you or boost your damage in insane ways because they affect the overall ATP, not just the weapon.
Also those lovely negative % could also go to -60%

There was also some little things, for example i remember that the highest comulative % on shops was 90% (example 50/0/0/40 or 30/20/40/0) but in the areas comulative % could go a tad higher than that, altough they were insanely rare, even with several of these 9 star droping in each room, i possibly have 1 or 2 with % that stand out from the rest.

I also remember that each id had 1 weapon that was way more common compared to other ids, i recall holy ray on pinkals, chain sawd with skyly or twin brand on oran ids, but i am sure other ids also had their own share of goodies.

Some nice visual effects on dark falz on ult

I also know that baby mags have atleast 5 def, however some mags on v2 were never at any point baby mags, so the rule would never apply, making these mags unique thanks to the stats that they could have had (200 pow for example).
I think i began a 200 Def angel wings mag at some point, but i can assure you that it's the hardest mag raising i ever done and gave up shortly after.

pso-world has a nice faq with some of the most relevant changes, maybe some of you like what they see.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=959

hu is cerebral as fuck in this, you need:
55 pick 55rhg (pcts for each area) and you are set to ck the game. there isn't much utility you need, and shit like tb you would need to pipe for and it's honestly not needed for this game.
really fun game, have it at my cabin for when i'm away from the city and i just want to fuck around.
t. 173 hucast in v2

Back