[SOLVED] Home menu in Japanese after update

landeel

Hello!

After the latest update, my home menu is in Japanese. All other menus are in English.

I'm on Linux btw.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

screen.png

I doubt the update had anything to do with this.

Confirm your language is set to English and not Custom, then patch again with online.exe.

You can set your language to English either in-game with /lang 1 or through the pull down in the online.exe launcher.

I doubt the update had anything to do with this.

Confirm your language is set to English and not Custom, then patch again with online.exe.

You can set your language to English either in-game with /lang 1 or through the pull down in the online.exe launcher.
It is already 'EN' in online.exe.
I've tried '/lang 1', but it didn't help. Language is already supposedly in English.
I've tried changing to Japanese, patching, then changing back to English and patching again. But didn't work.
Home menu is still in Japanese, everything else is in English.screen1.png

Looks like a wine bug to me.
Filesystem related, because when I copy a 'broken' psobb installation from my NTFS partition to a EXT4 partition and run it, the menu is in english again.
So weird.
Definitely not PSOBB or Ephinea's fault.

Your PSOBB client decided to go full Vaporwave mode with that language mix <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

If you couldn't fix it properly yet, my only good suggestion would be to ask in a linux or wine community..!
(All the ideas i'd have for a solution come from a windows-focused view, so a cordial redirection is all i can offer without sounding like a complete dork :0 )
Having the PSOBB directory in an EXT4 partition fixes the issue for me. This is what wine recommends, so I consider it solved.

But still very strange and specific, I can't even tell where the bug is. Kernel? Wine? Fuse/NTFS? Maybe a PSOBB bug that doesn't trigger on Windows? It didn't happen until I updated the game, so maybe the latest changes triggered it.

Well, thanks anyway!

Back