So, it seems like the FOmar is... kind of terrible at everything?

I thought it was humar that's meant to be under powered.
Sadly it WAS the HUmar that got the Worst of the 'Nerfing'!? Support techs Shifta/Deband were removed....Reduced weapons access...pretty sure others can chime in on the little things that SONIC TEAM had done to "Balance" out ALL the classes... =P

I'll say, I've been having a blast with my RAmar, but every time I try the FOnewm... I dunno. Maybe it's down to re-doing his appearance, maybe if he looked a bit cooler I'd be more into him. He definitely hits way harder than I feel like the FOmar ever did, so I'm not sure I could ever really go back to playing something that just feels *so* much weaker. But also, the FOnewm just hasn't seemed as "exciting" to me... so I dunno.

I'll say, the FOmar has like the coolest unarmed animations in the game. It's funny that his animations for it are completely distinct (I think?), I remember there being rumors like "if he crits with an unarmed attack, it can one-hit kill enemies". Which is obviously nonsense, but his attacks do *look* like they would be a little more dangerous.

Who knows, maybe if I hoard enough materials, and set aside some weapons, armor, and units, maybe I'll give him another shot later on.

Sadly it WAS the HUmar that got the Worst of the 'Nerfing'!? Support techs Shifta/Deband were removed....Reduced weapons access...pretty sure others can chime in on the little things that SONIC TEAM had done to "Balance" out ALL the classes... =P
Yeah, that's what I've been told. I had wondered if I just misremembered using buffs but no, they were 'balanced' out since my version of PSO.

I quite like the challenge, but also it is nice to go "Oh, tough are you?" *buff* "Come with it now."

I'll say, I've been having a blast with my RAmar, but every time I try the FOnewm... I dunno. Maybe it's down to re-doing his appearance, maybe if he looked a bit cooler I'd be more into him. He definitely hits way harder than I feel like the FOmar ever did, so I'm not sure I could ever really go back to playing something that just feels *so* much weaker. But also, the FOnewm just hasn't seemed as "exciting" to me... so I dunno.

I'll say, the FOmar has like the coolest unarmed animations in the game. It's funny that his animations for it are completely distinct (I think?), I remember there being rumors like "if he crits with an unarmed attack, it can one-hit kill enemies". Which is obviously nonsense, but his attacks do *look* like they would be a little more dangerous.

Who knows, maybe if I hoard enough materials, and set aside some weapons, armor, and units, maybe I'll give him another shot later on.

Yup!

At the risk of sounding like a flat skulled cro-magnon, I'm not terribly into the dorky look of the FOnewm. I wish there was a male newman hunter myself. He can have the cyber-Kiss style platform shoes, and I like the hair styles fine too, but the man-blouses ... I like Prince, one of my favorite artists, but he doesn't look much like an intergalactic killer. In my opinion. Blouses are for pirates and that's about it.

I thought it was humar that's meant to be under powered.
Hes got the second highest atp in the game and like most characters he has a “signature weapon”. That only he can really use to its best ability. In his case its Flowens. Similar to how FOmar uses Guardianna the best.

Lack of Shifta is never really an issue because you also get s-reds for solo or you can just play multiplayer which almost always has a fo or ghetto fo. He also gets access to J/Z so he becomes pretty much the best bossing character so much so that some RTA boss runs use him like TTF

I was writing a guide about everyones signature weaps and strats before they nuked the guides section rip…

HUmar isnt bad at all, stats-wise hes basically the second best in the game…

Last edited:
Yup!

At the risk of sounding like a flat skulled cro-magnon, I'm not terribly into the dorky look of the FOnewm. I wish there was a male newman hunter myself. He can have the cyber-Kiss style platform shoes, and I like the hair styles fine too, but the man-blouses ... I like Prince, one of my favorite artists, but he doesn't look much like an intergalactic killer. In my opinion. Blouses are for pirates and that's about it.
Oddly, there's a PSO Fanart out there somewhere of.... "What a Male Newman is SUPPOSED to Look like!". And the picture was of some Hulking Primal Male Sabertooth Werewolfish looking Badass!! According to PSO Lore...we Newmans are some genetically altered hybrid of some Space cat and Human~! So it'd only make sense for a Male Newman hunter to be far more...'equipped'...to draw Blood...Ok Ok Ok...mew mew can't be the ONLY kitty thinking the male Newmans of PSO kiiiinda' got gimped in looks, build, and fashion sense? >=3 <3

Oddly, there's a PSO Fanart out there somewhere of.... "What a Male Newman is SUPPOSED to Look like!". And the picture was of some Hulking Primal Male Sabertooth Werewolfish looking Badass!! According to PSO Lore...we Newmans are some genetically altered hybrid of some Space cat and Human~! So it'd only make sense for a Male Newman hunter to be far more...'equipped'...to draw Blood...Ok Ok Ok...mew mew can't be the ONLY kitty thinking the male Newmans of PSO kiiiinda' got gimped in looks, build, and fashion sense? >=3 <3
PSØ has the “forbidden classes” HUnewm and HUmarl

Last edited:
PSØ has the “forbidden classes” HUnewm and HUmarl

Can totally envision the HUmarl as a "Hey, Why not?" addition to the rosters...Alluring Shrine maiden outfits or Skintight Kunoichi toting katanas or twin Wakizashi short swords....YES, PLEASE! HUnewms however, would prolly have been Easily the most popular choice among both male and female players? Elegant physical Lithe features, wild hair options....pointed ears.....(Swoons....) CLEAN UP ON ILSE 5!!!!! XD! =3

Funnily enough the whole reason I didn't play FOnewms on GC, aside from being unaware of the tech boosts and stats, was because I thought they looked ludicrous with their weird platform boots, tights, shirts that make them look like they have huge butts, and the collection of silly clown hats to choose from.
And FOmar has a couple unique animations, both for attacking and casting, which look way cool.
But I have since learned to detach myself from the brooding, pretty boy look that Break from Episode 3 has and embrace my inner clown.

Back