SMB3 Style Maker on PC

Esther

Discord Handle: Estherteric
Guildcard
Hey, nerds.

As a major Mario lover, I've mainly spent my time growing up around Nintendo. Playing various Super Mario games was a great bonding experience I had with my brothers and I still play some of the older classics along with ROM Hacks that I may find from time to time.

One of the main art styles I loved the most growing up was without a doubt, the SMB3 style with a panel to panel level design. So I've decided to share something with you guys that I came across nearly 10 years ago called Super Mario Bros: Game Master.

What is it?

SMB: Game Master is a fanmade non-profit game that functions like a Super Mario Maker on PC for SMB3. It's really quite old and hasn't had a single update since the date of launch so the quirks and physics in it won't ever be seeing revisions. During the first year of its launch, a website was made where players of this game could upload and share their levels (and worlds). After 5 years of running, the site was unfortunately shut down.

I play this game to this day off and on a bit regularly. Ever since the website for submissions was shut down in 2015, I've mostly been making courses and worlds for myself, knowing that others won't see them or play them.

So! The purpose of this thread was to share some of my work with anyone who may be interested. If you'd like to try some of my courses on this old fangame, come join the Discord and give them a try or make creations for me to try out. I know I'm not the only Mario nerd out here ^^

https://discord.gg/BkSZTCEjjE <------ My SMB: Game Master Discord

Last edited:
I'll definitely try it out. I play Mario Maker 2 almost every day so I'm always looking for more Mario stuff.

World I made in SMBGM some time ago by now.

Tried for a perfect run but I dies just once in final level x.x

Enjoy

Back