Smash Ultimate

dewdadash

Guildcard
Wondering if anyone on this server plays Smash Ultimate. Would be fun to play some people on here. Plan on streaming a bit too later on. Played melee and sm4sh in the past with NDW, Rune, and Kevdo online, would be neat if I could find other players and perhaps stream it to you guys even? www.twitch.tv/ru55ianroulette

Before joining ephinea server I was pretty big into smash, competing a bit at locals and a few regional/nationals in melee,brawl, and smash4. At some point I stopped playing sm4sh and needed a break from smash and that was when I tried out pso ephinea server and just kind of fell in love with the game in a new way. It reminded me of when I used to love playing melee, first from the casual aspect and shortly after learning the deeper and more technical mechanics of the game for the first time. That was back in 04'-06', and I hadn't really felt that feeling until I played on this server and learned the majority of things(there are still things that I still learn surprisingly still). Fun fact, although I didn't go to ephineacon last year, I did meet turtler(retired eph player) at a smash tourney during the summer so that was pretty cool. Was supposed to grind smash ultimate earlier when it released, think I've only invested about 1 weeks worth of time into it, but that xmas event was pretty good, a bit too hard to pass up, right? :p So yeah, plan on playing this a lot soon, please let me know if you play it, enjoy watching it, or feel free to comment out of curiosity?

If my initial invitation or story doesn't entice you then perhaps awarding you with 25pds if you can beat me in a 2/3 set will? (I'd be willing to offer the same reward in a set of melee too, but would prefer matches in ultimate for now). Anyways, hope to play some of you soon? Have a nice day. :)

Last edited:
yeah I play smash. Haven't wanted to pay nintendo more money for a shit online service yet though.

yeah I play smash. Haven't wanted to pay nintendo more money for a shit online service yet though.
I feel that, I just leech off of my cousins family plan lmao. I think we've actually played before on smash4 once? I'll edit my OP with that. If we play though, I do use a wired connection now with cable internet so should be much better connection then we played sm4sh a year+ ago or so(think i was playing with wifi at my dorm back then). Nintendo online service is shit but if both ends have wired ethernet cable broadband connection and in decent proximity (might have more lag if I play with lets say EU/JP players being in the US) then online runs pretty well.

Brawl was actually the best Smash, don't @ me.

I play Smash Ultimate regularly, I'm not exactly very good though. Been playing since release although mostly alone, started playing online recently and it's been pretty fun. I was maining Bayonetta for a while but I've ended up switching to Greninja as I feel like Bayonetta just doesn't have any options to kill anymore. You can still carry to the blast zone but it requires so many parameters (weight, bad DI, certain percentages, etc) that it's not really consistent to do that, and her only things that can kill are her smashes and perhaps a tipper on the dair, but even that isn't too good.

Probably not going to play at any sort of competitive level as I dunno if I can be bothered, but I'm trying to get better and most likely spectacularly failing.

i have Ultimate but i feel it missing something. the stage creator in the brawl(don't have) and the Smash 4 (Wii U Version got) but it at least has the free randomized stage called Super Mario Maker (the stage not the game) but that my Opinion

yeah I miss stage creator as well.

The training stage sort of filled the role I have for them but I do miss them.

Oh well nothing saying they won't add one later

If it's missing anything, it's probably the lack of single player things to do. Previous games had all the classic, adventure (Melee/Brawl), All-Star (now relegated to a multi-man smash mode), things like Smash Run and so on and so forth.

Ultimate is kind of lacking in the actual content department imo. You can still sink a lot of hours doing things like clearing all classic and getting all the spirits, but it's definitely lackluster compared to what was offered previously.

I've 100%'d the game now (did Adventure and also got all 1300 spirits (not including LGPE Spirits, I have the Eevee one but not Pikachu) but it definitely didn't have the variety past games had with the collecting.

The fact that characters aren't unlocked in special ways, collecting the spirits is just one mode instead of multiple and some such, there just feels to be less things to do when it comes to playing on your own / collecting all the things.

I thought the extra modes were better this time overall than in smash 4. Granted smash run was the best extra mode we've ever got in general (its what subspace should have been in condensed form IMO) and I still hate smash tour so sort of dealing with those clashing themes.

I do like spirits overall and felt it was a mini subspace (not as good, but the references and easter eggs and stuff were better)

Yay, a Smash thread! I play online somewhat between casually and competitively. I'm usually around low Elite GSP, even though GSP means nothing really, and the online is annoyingly unreliable with randos. So I usually play arenas with a few friends around my skill level.

I main Sheik, Isabelle, Bowser Jr. and Roy -- in that order, roughly. Learning Banjo and Toon Link to potentially main.

If anyone would like to play online sometime, hit me up here or Discord for FCs :)

I wanted to play Ultimate but honestly that "buffer" (it's really just input lag) really irritated me when I play it at a friends house. Especially online. 14 frames (varying) of input delay is just ridiculous. When I get a switch finally I'll probably buy it anyways and get used to it but my first impression was not good.

You kind of either have to get used to it or just play LAN because that input delay ALWAYS exists, even with the best hardwired connections. Just another "fun" quirk characteristic of Nintendo's online service.

Brawl was actually the best Smash, don't @ me.
Gasp I can't just not @ someone for such a thing

Jokes aside I jumped on the smash band wagon super late (2 years agoish) but I wish I was around during the golden days of the previous titles. The way people talk about it reminds me of how the PSO community feels about their own game.

Never had much interest in ultimate but if anyone on the East Coast net plays Melee lmk

I used to play Melee when I was younger. Went to a few locals and won most of them, then went to Big House a few times and placed reasonably for the fact that I got matched against M2k my first year going to TBH, then the second year I got matched against Hax$ and he wave shined me until I died like 3 stocks in a row. I really was no match for those kinds of players, but I could say in my locals and region I was fairly competent in Melee.

I lost a lot of interest in Melee after those Big House entries because what I ended up seeing from the inside-out was that the Melee meta started to dip atrociously. Almost no new characters in top 8, and you'd NEVER see a new character in top 4. Melee meta grew stale, and so did my interest in keeping up with all the new techs and strategies players were introducing. Eventually I grew tired of it, quit playing Melee but casted Melee as a commentator at my locals for a few years and then altogether stopped playing Melee. I play Smash Ultimate now, here and there. Not as much as I should be, but I still log in and play a match with my younger brother who is wildly superior to me in Smash Ultimate.

Would anyone like to exchange friend codes for some occasional SSBU friendlies?
I might have been tempted to give it a go at one point, though I let my online account expire since I don't really have friends and so I never really used it. For me it was kind of pointless to pay for something where the only real benefit was the online play, especially when I struggle badly with social anxiety and can only play with people I know.

Back