Simple Tool to kill PSO from a mouse or gamepad when it crashes

falkenjeff

I have quit the game
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Create a directory, C:\psoscripts

Create a batch file (eg: psokillerloop.bat) and put it into the directory. Right click, edit, place this text inside:
Code:
@echo off
:theplace
if exist C:\psoscripts\killpso.txt (
C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM psobb.exe /F
del /F C:\psoscripts\killpso.txt
)
TIMEOUT /T 1 /NOBREAK
GOTO :theplace

Right click and drag it somewhere (desktop?) create shortcut. Right click shortcut, properties. Advanced -> check the box "run as administrator" -> ok ->ok.

Create a batch file (eg: buttonpressed.bat) and put it into C:\psoscripts

Right click, edit, place this text inside:
Code:
echo aaaaa > C:\psoscripts\killpso.txt

Using your mouse drivers, autohotkey, joy2key or etc, assign buttonpressed.bat to a button (I used my mouse drivers to set it so when I press the "side button" on my mouse it runs buttonpressed.bat). Assign it to a button you cannot accidentally press, because it will close PSO, even if PSO does not crash.

Click your administrator shortcut for psokillerloop.bat and run it. Leave it up while you play PSO. If PSO crashes (eg: freezes up while joining a game), press your button. PSO will be forced to close.

"But Skylar, why would I want this?"

I made this for my own personal use. I use it on my buff slave PC, which has a wireless mouse readily available, but I have to actually get up off my ass to reach the keyboard (I play with a gamepad). Game crashes -> force it closed with mouse button -> reopen it with the mouse.

If you are done playing PSO and want to close psokillerloop.bat then bring up the command prompt that is looping, and press "ctrl+c" and then "y" and "enter"

So essentially get to close pso without using KB? I might try it out.

Back