Silly question for a silly mood

Zachski

Okay, here's my deal.

One archetype I tend to love in gaming is playing as a monk - not necessarily bare-handed, but one who definitely focuses on punching the ever-loving hell out of their enemies... even if their fists are covered in a protective/offensive shell of photon energy and unobtainium.

(staffs and nunchuks aren't really parts of my monk moods, sadly)

Now, I know that PSO has fist weapons - and that they're all rares, lol.

My question is, for when I eventually plan on playing a HU, which class has the best unarmed attacking animation? I know HUmar and HUcast would share animations, HUnewearl has the average female unarmed animation, but then there's HUcaseal who has a unique animation. Does it actually matter?

I know it's a silly thing and that fist weapons (even the godhand) probably aren't the best weapons to use, but I wanna use them and I wanna plan to use them... just for fun.

Though I doubt I'll be running through the game unarmed until I get my first one, lol. That would be detrimental/a burden.

You can always create a sandbox account and do some tests to see if you like it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/516243-phantasy-star-online-episode-i-and-ii/65653608

Sabers: Males > Females > FOmarl
Katanas: Females are a bit faster, no major difference
Knuckles: Females (HUcaseal is different, but not better) > FOmar > Males > FOmarl
Claws: RAmarl/HUcaseal > FOmar > Females > Males
Daggers: All chars (HUcaseal is different, but not better) > FOmarl
Swords: Males > Females > FOmarl
Partisans: Males are slightly faster, not by much > Females > FOmarl
Double Sabers: Males > HUcaseal > Females
Paired Swords: Females > Males
Slicers: Females > FOmarl > Males
Handguns: RAmarl > Others > FOmarl
Rifles: Females > Males
Launchers: Females > Males
Shots: FOmarl > Females > Males
Mechguns: All chars > FOmarl
Wands: FOmar > Males > Females > FOmarl
Rods: FOmar > Females > Males > FOmarl
Cards: FOmarl > Females > Males.

I don't have much experience with knuckle type weapons but if this is correct and you want the best animation, I guess you can go HUney for the extra power or RAmarl for hitting more often. Just hope for a nice Angry Fist or God Hand.

Sweet! Thank you for... pretty much that entire list.

I think I'll be making a HUcaseal, because I plan to use claws as a secondary weapon type. And, well, HUcaseals have a unique unarmed animation.

Sweet! Thank you for... pretty much that entire list.

I think I'll be making a HUcaseal, because I plan to use claws as a secondary weapon type. And, well, HUcaseals have a unique unarmed animation.
HUcassies Also have a WHIRLWIND Attack weapon wise mew uber jelly of too! >=3
frames 1:27-1:28 <3

Last edited:
I kind of recall Sacred Duster having better stats than God Hand.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/516243-phantasy-star-online-episode-i-and-ii/65653608

Sabers: Males > Females > FOmarl
Katanas: Females are a bit faster, no major difference
Knuckles: Females (HUcaseal is different, but not better) > FOmar > Males > FOmarl
Claws: RAmarl/HUcaseal > FOmar > Females > Males
Daggers: All chars (HUcaseal is different, but not better) > FOmarl
Swords: Males > Females > FOmarl
Partisans: Males are slightly faster, not by much > Females > FOmarl
Double Sabers: Males > HUcaseal > Females
Paired Swords: Females > Males
Slicers: Females > FOmarl > Males
Handguns: RAmarl > Others > FOmarl
Rifles: Females > Males
Launchers: Females > Males
Shots: FOmarl > Females > Males
Mechguns: All chars > FOmarl
Wands: FOmar > Males > Females > FOmarl
Rods: FOmar > Females > Males > FOmarl
Cards: FOmarl > Females > Males.

I don't have much experience with knuckle type weapons but if this is correct and you want the best animation, I guess you can go HUney for the extra power or RAmarl for hitting more often. Just hope for a nice Angry Fist or God Hand.

Dagger: female >Male and hucaseal animation for daggers is 100% better than hucast. Whoever wrote 'all chars' is incorrect.

The OP is asking about knuckles buddy, not daggers

gl with your HUcl OP, make sure to make liberal use of freeze traps!

edit: wow i missed a post, sorry

Last edited:
The OP is asking about knuckles buddy, not daggers

gl with your HUcl OP, make sure to make liberal use of freeze traps!

I know that. But the information is still incorrect for daggers 'buddy'. So it's worth mentioning as people might read the whole thing in interest. So people do not read false information. The OP also states 'thank you for the whole list' so is it not right to inform him of that wrong info? Yes it is. Go call someone else buddy please.

Back