Shift the default lobby every week (excluding 14 and 15).

Ade

;3
Hi Team,

I think one of the saddest things about PSO over all the years is how little some of the more amazing lobbies are rarely seen. (Ie. Lobby 6, 7, 10 and of course the Ep. 3 CARD Lobby 13).

I think it would be a good idea to change the default lobby each week. So, for example, this week it's Lobby 1, next week it's Lobby 2, all the way to 13. I say skip 14 and 15 because they're very large and it takes a long time to get around. This would really allow some of those lobbies to shine.

I think, having lobby 1 as default is fine, just seems like unessercery work since everyone would end up moving from 'new default' to lobby 1 manually.

But having an option to set your own personal default upon logging in would be coolio.

Yes, Spuz. I like that idea, too. Being able to set a "home" lobby would be neat.

I think the way to fix the issue you mentioned above is to actually SHIFT the lobbies. So next week, Lobby 2 BECOMES Lobby 1, Lobby 1 bumps back to Lobby 13, and everything moves up one per week, with Lobby 14 and 15 staying the same. So, every 13 weeks, which works out perfectly to 4 times per year, each of the "normal sized" lobbies gets to be Lobby 1.

This change wouldn't affect gameplay at all, but I think it would create some much deserved appreciation for the lobbies that never get visited. I'm guessing something like this wouldn't be too terribly difficult to implement, but I do not know for sure.

Any thoughts on the modified suggestion?

Sounds good to me.

Reactions: Ade
My previous response was just a very brief post before running off to work. I would like to ask: Could we maybe do a poll for this one like we did for the Mag changes? I'd like to see if the community is interested in this. Please leave my name out of it. I don't want people to vote "no" just because they hate me ;-;

Here's some suggested poll text:

Would the community like to change the default lobby each week? (Excluding Lobby 14 and 15 because they're very large and inconvenient to use.) For example, during the first week, the default lobby would be the actual Lobby 1. Then the following week, Lobby 2 would become Lobby 1, Lobby 1 would be moved back to Lobby 13, and the other lobbies would move up one slot. The following week, Lobby 3 would become Lobby 1, etc. (This would solve the problem of people simply moving to Lobby 1 after logging in to the "default" lobby.) The lobbies would make a full shift every 13 weeks, so each Lobby would have the chance to be the "Lobby 1" four times per year. Many of the more interesting lobbies are rarely seen, so this would help with that problem. Please vote "yes" or "no" for this change.

Last edited:
Well it really relies on whether or not Soda/Tofu are around and if they think it's a cool idea tbh. None of us would be able to implement it.

It's a cool idea, but I don't know how much effort would need to go into something like that. Plus, I think I'd rather see a /command (/home or something) to allow players to set what lobby the game logs them into. Still, even if I'm not 100% sold on the idea, I'd give it a thumbs up.

I`m not sure, but I think changing the appearance requires changing the local data files. Though I guess the launcher could download the proper files every week. I imagine it would be straightforward to program server-side, set a once a week task that just copies over the new lobby textures into whatever folder it checks to update files.

Alternatively, teth-side, if you pick lobby 1 it could just be like "okay plus 7 mod 13" and dump you in that lobby instead. But I think that would be super confusing for people "I`m picking lobby one why do I keep getting dumped in lobby 8"

And I`m not a fan of changing the actual default starting lobby. some teams pick a lobby as their hangout and having their secret cool kids club be crashed for a week doesn't seem like the best idea.

that said, /home is a cool idea.

They can still have their hangout lobby, it will just look different. Most people don't do this, and I don't think a good idea should be squashed because of the aesthetic preferences of the extreme minority.

I gave my other threads a little time to simmer so I'm bringing this one back now that the idea forum is public again. I would love to see this one implemented.

Some form of this idea would be great. Last time the default lobby was changed it was a big hit (This was when the jukebox was implemented)

just make all lobbies ball lobby.

Let's go the the "Ball Lobby" > Everyone

(fun idea)

I really wouldn't want to see that, nor do I think most people would. The reason is because you start so far away from the counters / exits.

Back