ShareX is blocked by the game?

Ryudo

Guildcard
Hey there,

Not really a major issue, but I was just wondering.

I use a tool called ShareX to take easy screenshots of my games/programs/desktop, and it lets you instantly upload images to imgur.com for example as well. But I noticed in the game it gets blocked somehow. The hotkey to take a screenshot does not work. I tried modifiying the hotkey as well, but no luck with that.

Is there a way to get this to work with PSOBB? Or do I have to paste it in paint every time now..?

I have the same issue with Puush and Gyazo so it might the game being at fault here.

Are you running the application (ShareX) as admin, so it can pick up input events even when not active (on top)?

I have shareX and also have this problem. Running as admin doesn't change the issue. When pso is running, shareX wants to be the active window (and not pso) for it to make snippets, while I would like to use the hotkey, doing an extra alt+tab before doesn't hurt... If anyone knows how to solve would be neat.

It's not being blocked, some things just don't play well with PSO.

PSO doesn't like programs that use global hotkeys. Possibly due to some anti-cheat stuff Sodaboy implemented.

I know my password manager global autotype hotkey used to work at the beginning of Ephinea, and now it doesn't.

PSO doesn't like programs that use global hotkeys. Possibly due to some anti-cheat stuff Sodaboy implemented.

I know my password manager global autotype hotkey used to work at the beginning of Ephinea, and now it doesn't.

This seems to be case yeah..

Would there be a way to whitelist ShareX somehow from this? If it's not possible then so be it, but would be nice if we could use it.

This seems to be case yeah..

Would there be a way to whitelist ShareX somehow from this? If it's not possible then so be it, but would be nice if we could use it.
You could try using puush (it also uploads to an image host), it lets you draw the area you want to take a screenshot of like so:
44a05af9ae.png

Same issue>making a capture of the screen, the free draw works fine.

ShareX can do that too, and much more aswell. I ditched Puush a long time ago (mostly because of their shitty servers). :wacko:

But as @falkenjeff said, global hotkey isn't liked by PSO so ya, gotta find some tricks. Best way is to "focus" the desktop, somehow (PSO will stay on-top), and take the screenshot.

Back