Several Suggestions

RikaPSO

1: Adding -, --, +, ++ to units. This might already be a inprogress thing though. Please keep reading, I posted this first just due to simpleness. Mainly non-rare units. This is more of a bug fix. Rare units might be interesting though with this.

2: New units! Even non-rare new units. Maybe have some units give some stat bonuses and lower others. PSU had units like this. Also can make it so there is no "best" unit (for example like v101 for non-forces). Can have units that do multiple things (but not as broad as all /resist). Can have more "teirs" of Units (centurian /power as a example, but other things too). Some examples which I'm pretty sure are possible, they are not meant to be over powered, just throwing ideas around.

Resist / Icestorm: Ice res + 10, Thunder res + 10 //you probably get the idea from this

Iron / Guard: Fire resist + 5, def + 35, evade + 45

Stella / Hit S: Pow -50, Acc +35 //VERY SIMILAR to a PSU Unit of the same name

Red / Knight: Pow +35, Acc +10

Mega / Wall: Def +70, Evade + 30 //I like this style of unit better than body or leg units

Resist / Tundra: ice res +10, immune freeze //like cure/freeze

Some / Guard: all res +20, all other stats except ata - 15, ata -1.5

Resist / Mericarol: +1000 EDRK, -20 to all other res, -50 to all other stats except ata, - 5 to ata /*Allows for surviving Mericarol attacks on ultimate, but lowering your stats greatly.*/

v802: Decreases technique charge time and cast time, +30 TP

Human / Power: Pow +12 //Between General and Ogre power, just a example

3: More Armors/shields, more non-rare armors/shields even. Have some armors/ shields that add or subtract stats.

4: + Weapons. PSU had some of these if I remember. Pretty much using the same weapon model/effects, but having increased stats. This would allow people to use some of the other weapons in harder areas and still be effective. For weapons with super specials I'm pretty sure a item just needs to be made under the same subtype. Just examples, you should get the idea.

Double Saber +
Elysion +
Rocket Punch +

5: If I can get it working. PSO V2 style quests (monsters on ultimate with psov2 stats). Basically a new difficulty with the use of quests. Since it's up to the admins, have a increased drop rate /different drops/ idk due to the difficulty (also since psoBB weapons were never intended to deal with enemies with those stats). I also had a idea for them to rotate every week or something. Like 4 or 5 different v2 quests could be available one week, and 4 or 5 different ones the next week etc. These would just be in addition, the normal versions of the quests would always be available. Maybe for other episodes, the mobs would just have increased stats by a large %.

1 week:
Lost head sword, Lost Ice spinner, endless nightmare 3, mop up 4

another week:
ma4a, lost soul blade, war of limits 2, east tower

They could just be added at all times though. Just a idea. This might sound a bit too similar to hunter boost road.

6: Maybe some non-rare weapons (or rare even, doesn't matter) above the yellow "tier" weapons (Gladius, Arms, Calibur, Diska, etc) utilizing the multicolor photon effects that are still present in Blue Burst.

Hope you like my suggestions. Some do require actually adding items to the game's ItemPMT though. I know that's possible.

Edit: Made a 6th suggestion, and did some clarifications on the other suggestions.

Last edited:
I like the unit variance idea but I think it would have to be limited to just + and ++ for the rare units. I think getting a Heavenly/Arm-- after years of being able to just find regular Heavenly/Arm only would be irritating.

I think the server has a pretty strong commitment to not adding new items like the ones mentioned. The reason the new type weapons are allowed is because they don't exceed the parameters of the best things you can already find. However, I like how you think :)

Rare units would never have + or -, because only units dropped normally receive that. All rare units are dropped as rare items from specific enemies, so they would always be plain, just as they are on GC. Only V1/2 allow you to get God/Power-- and the like, because rare units drop as normal drops on all IDs.

I like the unit variance idea but I think it would have to be limited to just + and ++ for the rare units. I think getting a Heavenly/Arm-- after years of being able to just find regular Heavenly/Arm only would be irritating.

I think the server has a pretty strong commitment to not adding new items like the ones mentioned. The reason the new type weapons are allowed is because they don't exceed the parameters of the best things you can already find. However, I like how you think :)

Besides the 1000 EDRK (since that is what is required to surviving a Mericarol attack) I made up the numbers pretty much. Many more Units could be created with those ideas in mind with whatever numbers, they were all just examples that could be built up upon. They are not really meant to make you even more powerful, just to give you more options with different styles of units. : )

Oh added a small 6th suggestion, and made some edits to clarify what I meant from the other suggestions.

I don't think we need more units. They tried that in Ultima and it just became ridiculous, especially with some of them being novelty ones that had no purpose whatsoever.

Now, if Ephinea were to add new Mags (assuming someone knew how to), I'd definitely buy that ticket. I remember from my days on Schthack modelling in PSO wasn't really doable, but who knows now. I think some of the Mags in PSO2 are very inspiring, and it would be nice to have a new set to play with other than seeing every player running around with Satos.

Back