Setting up a controller

CastorofTroy

Searched through the forum and only found people with issues with existing setups, is there a standard format for doing an initial setup of a controller? I'm trying to use an old PS3 controller (that I've used for Steam games etc. with no issues) but it is not recognizing it at all, only my kb for input. Sorry if I've missed the obvious but I'd really like to get a controller of any kind to work.

you will need to (i think) get a program like scptoolkit or add PSO BB as a game through steam

You need to use Direct Input mode, rather than X Input, since PSO is old. Hopefully your driver has a way for you to toggle it.

I actually have SCPtoolkit and have run it to install the PS3 controller, not as bluetooth but as connected (which is how I've used it in the past). Am I missing a step after that?

Got it to work, if anyone runs into the same issue I ended up pulling all the drivers from SCPToolkit off except for the PS3 only (it had also installed a bluetooth driver and a PS4 controller driver). After that it worked fine.

Back