Server maintenance completed for May 7th, 2023 (サーバメンテナンス完了 5/7)

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
OK! Maintenance has been completed and the following changes were made to the game:

UPDATE BUG: A bug caused the RBR to change this week because of a bad random number generator I used. This has been fixed and shouldn't happen again. Sorry!

- Thanks to the generous support of Hunters of the community, we were able to set up a VPS in Japan and relaunch an old favorite ship server...

Rising once again, US/Auldrant returns as JP/Auldrant and is now located in Tokyo, Japan!

This should provide a better gameplay experience for players in Japan as well as the Asia region as a whole.

- Added more Japanese translations to the ship code. (Present openings, LV200 congrats, item drops, maintenance messages, luck changes and more...)

- When a banner item drops with a significant amount of Hit, the Hit value will be included in the announcement banner.

- Revamped banners for items.

These items will now only trigger a banner when they drop with the potential to be tekked to 30+ Hit:

Lame d'Argent
Heaven Striker
Daylight Scar

These items will now trigger a banner when they drop with the potential to be tekked to 30+ Hit:

Spread Needle
Rambling May
L&K38 Combat
Frozen Shooter
Yasminkov 9000M
Guardianna
Zanba
Slicer of Fanatic
Ophelie Seize
Vivienne
Guren
Shouren
Cannon Rouge

These items will now trigger a banner when they drop with the potential to be tekked to 60+ Hit:

Vjaya
Diska of Braveman
Chain Sawd
Yamigarasu
Monkey King Bar
Red Sword
Sange
Flowen's Sword (3084)
Yunchang

Level 30 attack technique disks will now trigger a banner when they drop.

.. I think that's it. Hope I didn't forget something!

Thank you for your support, Hunters and, as always, thank you for playing on Ephinea!

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
サーバメンテナンスが完了し、以下の変更が加えられました。

追記:乱数生成の不具合により、今週のRBRが意図せず変更されてしまいました。修正対応は済んでおり今後はもう起こらないはずです。まことに申し訳ございません!
  • コミュニティの皆様のご支援のおかげで、日本の東京にVPSを増設することができました!
    JP/Auldrantというシップで、これにより日本だけではなくアジア地域のプレイヤーにも、より快適なゲーム体験が提供できるようになったと思います。

• シップコードに日本語訳を追加しました。(プレゼント開封、Lv200到達のお祝い、アイテムドロップ、メンテナンス通知、デイリーラックの切り替え、などなど)

• バナー相当のレアアイテムが高いHit値でドロップした場合、バナーにHit値が含まれるようになりました。

• アイテムのバナー対象を刷新しました。

• 以下のアイテムは、常時ではなく鑑定後30以上のHit値を持つ場合にのみ、バナーが表示されるようになりました。
    • ラムダージャン
    • ヘブンストライカー
    • デイライトスカー
  • 以下のアイテムは、鑑定後30以上のHit値を持つ場合にバナーが表示されるようになっています。
    • スプレッドニードル
    • ランブリングメイ
    • L&K38 コンバット
    • フローズンシューター
    • ヤスミノコフ 9000M
    • ガディアンナ
    • ザンバ
    • 狂信者のスライサー
    • オフェリセーズ
    • ヴィヴィアン
    • 紅蓮
    • 青蓮
    • カノンルージュ
  • 以下のアイテムは、鑑定後60以上のHit値を持つ場合にバナーが表示されるようになっています。
    • ヴィジャヤ
    • 勇者のディスカ
    • チェインソード
    • ヤミガラス
    • ニョイボウ
    • 赤のソード
    • サンゲ
    • フロウウェンの大剣 (3084)
    • 雲長
  • 30Lvの攻撃テクティックがドロップした場合にもバナーが表示されるようになりました。
これで以上だと思います!(何か記載漏れがあれば追記します)

ハンターズの皆さん、多大なサポートをありがとうございます!そしてEphineaで遊んでいただきありがとうございます!

Last edited by a moderator:
A cool change to make banners actually mean something. But I still take issues with players names being displayed on banners, sure it was ignorable at first because "Heaven Striker [or whatever weapon inserted here] drops all the time" and you only got a few people harassing you for the drop or scamming a noob, but now its actively intrusive to a new level.

If someone finds a 'god drop' and banner announces to everyone "PLAYER found HS with 90 hit", they're going to get spam in game to a whole new level. A level not easily solved with the block feature, lest the player wants to alienate themselves from the rest of the community. Not to mention the opportunistic scammers who will jump on a chance to shark a noob out of a 'god drop' with name and stats provided for their target.

Names on banners for lvl 200 weren't an issue for all but the most private of players because it was a celebration of a milestone, names on banners for items found were an issue for a handful of players I've played with in public games but it was still ignorable for most and the savvy players would like about how much hit it had so they didn't get harassed to sell a 'god drop' they will always use. But now, you can't ignore it at all and it's turning an amazing item and moment to celebrate into a possible moment of harassment and alienation.

Please reconsider displaying player's names in banner. Or at the very least reconsider displaying the hit percentage in the banner, I can imagine players would feel safer with an assumed 30 hit HS found under their name over an explicit 100 hit HS found. Ultimately if people want to share what they found and have others know, there is the Rare Findings and/or Accomplishment Thread.

A cool change to make banners actually mean something. But I still take issues with players names being displayed on banners, sure it was ignorable at first because "Heaven Striker [or whatever weapon inserted here] drops all the time" and you only got a few people harassing you for the drop or scamming a noob, but now its actively intrusive to a new level.

If someone finds a 'god drop' and banner announces to everyone "PLAYER found HS with 90 hit", they're going to get spam in game to a whole new level. A level not easily solved with the block feature, lest the player wants to alienate themselves from the rest of the community. Not to mention the opportunistic scammers who will jump on a chance to shark a noob out of a 'god drop' with name and stats provided for their target.

Names on banners for lvl 200 weren't an issue for all but the most private of players because it was a celebration of a milestone, names on banners for items found were an issue for a handful of players I've played with in public games but it was still ignorable for most and the savvy players would like about how much hit it had so they didn't get harassed to sell a 'god drop' they will always use. But now, you can't ignore it at all and it's turning an amazing item and moment to celebrate into a possible moment of harassment and alienation.

Please reconsider displaying player's names in banner. Or at the very least reconsider displaying the hit percentage in the banner, I can imagine players would feel safer with an assumed 30 hit HS found under their name over an explicit 100 hit HS found. Ultimately if people want to share what they found and have others know, there is the Rare Findings and/or Accomplishment Thread.
Hi there. I am sorry you feel that way.

I will add an option to opt out of the server announcing any and all of your personal finds via a command, such as /findprivacy or something like that, in the near future.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I will add an option to opt out of the server announcing any and all of your personal finds via a command, such as /findprivacy or something like that, in the near future.

Look at this guy! A class act. I want everyone to know when I find a 70% hit Yas9k, but it's very cool that you're going to give people the option ;D

Thank you, I appreciate your response immensely. It is nice to know showing my finds will be on my own terms and I am sure others will find solace in this decision as well.
And thank you for all the work that's been done on top of this!

Thank you, I appreciate your response immensely. It is nice to know showing my finds will be on my own terms and I am sure others will find solace in this decision as well.
And thank you for all the work that's been done on top of this!
No problem.

It might not be today, but I’ll try to get it done sometime before Wednesday. Hopefully tomorrow at the earliest.

About to follow @5GUY ’s lead and watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 since we just dropped off the boy to my mom for the evening. :’)

I was specifically referring to item drop banners, Mew. Your banners are mostly a call to arms to help newer players and are endearing. Ephinea wouldn’t feel like home without them.
='),',',~! You'd be surprised HOW many mails mew had received after one of her PSA's......"GAWD DAMMIT MEW!! We thought we Found TJS! (PWand/RR/HP/insert Orgasmic item HERE) !!" X'D!

(Also, M&A60 Vise will be added to the 60+ Hit banner list. We totally missed that one!)

Back