Sega server shutdown 10th anniversary

Vhaman

The Experienced Newbie
I was looking up when the official server shut down out of curiousity, and wouldn't you know it, it was 3/31/08.

Which means we're just a few weeks away from the 10th anniversary of the last death of the official PSOBB server.

I think this calls for some type of event, to mourn what could have been had Sega not been shortsighted, and to celebrate the tenacity and dedication of those that still play and operate private servers a decade later.

I remember the PSO IS DYING PARTY OF 2007 back on gamecube. We all used that exploit to get on sega servers for free and just hung out in the lobby.
I believe mowse was the last man standing when it finally died at ~6am the following day.

11 years later we`re still having that party.

I demand a party on the server with blackjack, and hookers!

to mourn what could have been had Sega not been shortsighted

There was nothing shortsighted about shutting Sega BB down. The place was a fucking graveyard. They were just cutting the dead weight loose.

I was looking up when the official server shut down out of curiousity, and wouldn't you know it, it was 3/31/08.

Which means we're just a few weeks away from the 10th anniversary of the last death of the official PSOBB server.

I think this calls for some type of event, to mourn what could have been had Sega not been shortsighted, and to celebrate the tenacity and dedication of those that still play and operate private servers a decade later.
EVERY Day we log on and are able to not only Play Again, but play WITH OTHERS is an 'Event' in itself! The very Act of logging on are our proverbial selves walking as One with our middle fingers in the air telling SEGA that THEY may have lost Hope or interests in it's player base....(prolly money related not passion related) but... WE'RE STILL HERE!! Playing a game THEY left for dead or tried resurrecting with PSP..PSZero PSU..PSO2... So yeah, "Events" are nice and all...esp with Easter around the corner....Just next time you all log on...Look to your right...look to your left and know that we (Dreamcast/Gamecube/Xbox/PSOBB) the players (and of course our gracious and caring Hosts and Admins) you see are Survivors and celebrate EVERY DAY we log on...*Bows gracefully and hops off her soap box* <3!

Last edited:
EVERY Day we log on and are able to not only Play Again, but play WITH OTHERS is an 'Event' in itself! The very Act of logging on are our proverbial selves walking as One with our middle fingers in the air telling SEGA that THEY may have lost Hope or interests in it's player base....(prolly money related not passion related) but... WE'RE STILL HERE!! Playing a game THEY left for dead or tried resurrecting with PSP..PSZero PSU..PSO2... So yeah, "Events" are nice and all...esp with Easter around the corner....Just next time you all log on...Look to your right...look to your left and know that we (Dreamcast/Gamecube/Xbox/PSOBB) the players you see are Survivors and celebrate EVERY DAY we log on...*Bows gracefully and hops off her soap box* <3!
You are absolutely correct. PSO has the best community I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. Like an isolated bubble for friendliness and neighborly conduct in a sea of toxic online game communities. The fact that this games community had survived a decade past what the developers decided was it's due end point is a testament to everyone here's dedication.

I suppose part of me is just jelly I missed the Christmas event. Hahahaha

EVERY Day we log on and are able to not only Play Again, but play WITH OTHERS is an 'Event' in itself! The very Act of logging on are our proverbial selves walking as One with our middle fingers in the air telling SEGA that THEY may have lost Hope or interests in it's player base....(prolly money related not passion related) but... WE'RE STILL HERE!! Playing a game THEY left for dead or tried resurrecting with PSP..PSZero PSU..PSO2... So yeah, "Events" are nice and all...esp with Easter around the corner....Just next time you all log on...Look to your right...look to your left and know that we (Dreamcast/Gamecube/Xbox/PSOBB) the players you see are Survivors and celebrate EVERY DAY we log on...*Bows gracefully and hops off her soap box* <3!
This is basically the PSO version of the speech from Independence Day.

Back