SEGA Devouts will like this sighting.... =3

I don't remember the game so much, but I do remember this kinda machine in the arcades, even though it has been a good number of years since I've even been inside an arcade.

The arcade, a place many of our childhoods grew up within!
Riiiiight??? X3! Mew was still pretty young when first seeing and playing Virtua Fighter at OSAN Air Base in Korea...later when SEGA Saturn came out, Virtua Fighter was there waiting. Mew would master it at home, then slip down to the local arcade and wait in line at the Virtua Fighter game...Then TERRORIZE Every hapless purrson to place a token on the glass with her Sara or Kage fighters. They would stand Stunned at the secret moves mew would use NOT on the arcade demo guide pictures on the machine. Would chortle as they desperately looked over the panels like...."W...Wait...WHERE'S 'That' move on here??". Some of the younger kids mew would actually pause and train them patiently...friends would just stand Impatiently with their arms folded watching mew say stuff like..."OK, see how you're hesitating here...Charge in like this when their guard is high and watch mews hands...forward forward half circle Punch/Kick...Ok, now do that to mew!....EXCELLENT!...Ok...now try that while crouching...GOOD!...". The SMILES Really came later as mew would often glance to to machine and see some of her same little students kicking the Crap outta the bigger taller folk frantically mashing buttons shouting "HOW are you STOMPING on me when i'm down!!???". X'3!! *le sigh* Good Times.... <3

I don't remember the game so much, but I do remember this kinda machine in the arcades, even though it has been a good number of years since I've even been inside an arcade.
It's one of those Cult classics. Imagine Flying/jumping/dashing Dueling RAcasts and RAcaseals! Wouldnt be suprised if a LOT of this stuff and wire frames were snuck into PSO! Heeeey, wonder if the Fei Yen fembot heart shield is where Safety Heart came from? Or the Bunny ears...lol. >=3

It's one of those Cult classics. Imagine Flying/jumping/dashing Dueling RAcasts and RAcaseals! Wouldnt be suprised if a LOT of this stuff and wire frames were snuck into PSO! Heeeey, wonder if the Fei Yen fembot heart shield is where Safety Heart came from? Or the Bunny ears...lol. >=3
Ah I see I might have seen the game once before, it's just been quite awhile since I've been to namco arcade, and the timelines might be off some. It's looks like alot fun even though in all honesty I haven't played that many mech type battle games. There's really no telling what resources were used for pso lol could have definitely been some from this game! :D

Sorry for the necro on this but I was interested and decided to geek out/wiki this...while its possible that some resources could have been shared the games were developed by different Sega Teams. VO was done by Sega AM-3 and PSO was done by CS-2.

AM-3 did the arcade games primarily (and their console ports) and CS-2 did the console games including Sonic and PSO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sega-AM3_games
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Team

Interesting, and yes, I am a Sega Devotee! Although I never owned any consoles except a Dreamcast my uncle had a few of the early systems, including the Genesis, I played a TON of Phantasy Star II whenever I stayed at his house!

Back