Section ID Change NPC/Quest/PayWall/etc.

TiddlyWinks

Guildcard
Pretty sure I'm not the first to suggest or ask for such a thing but I figure might as well attempt to make my voice heard amongst the crowd. Whether it is considered vanilla or not, I don't see it as negative. As someone who didn't learn about the change name command or section id change command (I spelled my characters name in a way to get the ID I currently have) when I first started playing PSOBB, this being my first server, I was content with my choice and played the game. I later then learned that you could change name and ID with the command; unfortunately, you have to be under level 20 to do so. That seemed really pointless to me, you're better off just recreating a new character if you're that low level. It would make more sense for it to be a one time use per character created for name change and section ID change. Since then I've been iffy with my character name and section ID.

Anyway, what I would suggest is some kind of way to change section ID's for your characters. As how to go about this, I have some ideas below that be should be fair.

1) NPC or Quest that changes section ID behind a paywall, a goldsink/PDsink, for example 50pd or whatever amount seems reasonable.

2)NPC that can change your section ID freely based on the Characters on your account that have access to ultimate and whatever their ID's are. Example; I have Greenill, Redria, Bluefull, Viridia, Skyly ultimate characters, so this NPC would give me those choices as ID's I could swap to.

3)Don't know if this is even possible but, an option upon creating a room to be able to choose under what Section ID to make the room based on the ID's you have ultimate unlocked on your account.

4)Some kind of variation or mixture of the above or other methods I didn't think of.

Alrighty, so moving on to the negatives/cons and whatever counter arguments there may be.

-It isn't vanilla ~~~ lots of stuff already isn't.

-Everyone would just be the same ID and would farm the same ID's for OP stuff, Skyly's or whatever everywhere ~~~ If everyone wanted to be the same ID, they would already be doing so.

-Any other argument ----- > People can already just use character alts to make the rooms and swap back to their main or character they wanna use to farm. The ability to change section ID's would skip the hassle of a middleman character and the process of switching back and forth between characters for the sake farming loot under a different ID.

People with friends will still play with friends, people that play solo will still play solo, people will still create characters and use the characters that they wanna use.

So that ends my suggestion/request. I don't see it as something that would break the game, just something that saves time(quality of life?), if anything. Sorry for the page of text, thanks for reading, keep on keeping on. (Thumbs up emojii thing if there was one) =P

Apologies for any spelling or grammatical errors, etc etc.:D

Back