Sandbox mode and general Ephinea Questions

Muckbeast

Hey all! Long time PSO fan (DC and GC days) and recently discovered PSO again! :) My apologies if I ask something that's not appropriate here or sometime dumb.

I found Ultima first and have been playing there this weekend and dig the bonus XP.

Then I found this place and I like the idea of the Sandbox mode.

Is it possible/feasible to have both installed and alternate play without messing up my configurations? I'd like to play Ultima as my 'legit' character and Sandbox Ephinea as my "fun" and experimentation character. I may even play on Sandbox Ephinea with my daughters as they don't have as much time to play and the level up and item editors cut back on grinding.

Is there anything I need to be aware of? I already noticed just installing Ephinea that the next time I launched PSO Ultima that my graphic settings were reset and some other base config options (like remember login info).

Anything else I need to bear in mind to be able to swap between the two servers?

Thanks!

It was reset because the installer modifies the registry, you can have both just fine.

The only problem you'd have is username and password, due to different encryption, even if you use the same password they won't work for both clients.

I'd recommend you to log in into the servers one at a time, reach the character selection screen then export your registry settings and save it in a *.reg file, when running this reg file it will overwrite the registry data and set the previously saved password.

If you do that with both servers then you'd have a quick way to swap passwords around without typing them.

Thanks (on both forums). Also your Item Maker is amazing. I'm having a lot of fun in Sandbox mode and I think it will definitely be the better way to play with my kiddos who really don't have time to play enough to grind and farm.

Back