Rule Update for 26th May, 2023 (5/26 利用規約更新のお知らせ)

As long as Emilia's translation tool remains OK to use x3
I agree it's good to set a clear standard for these things!

PS: If you make your Mag Feeding games in Ult, i'll come, casually slay through them & you can check for free drops afterwards lol

So technically yes, this wouldn't be allowed, because here you're holding some buttons and it's doing many things for you without you having to do them.

That's a very literal interpretation of the rule, however what you're doing can also be achieved using in-game chat shortcuts so I'm very surprised you set them up that way. Just set /bank and /lobby to Shift+F1, Shift+F2 etc and just bind that.
So we're not allowed to bind "shift + f1" to a single button correct?
Not a big deal if we're not allowed to. Just a minor inconvenience.

Clarification on the use of "turbo" whether it be software or hardware would be nice too.

Last edited:
So we're not allowed to bind "shift + f1" to a single button correct?
Not a big deal if we're not allowed to. Just a minor inconvenience.

You can swap the menu and chat shortcuts around to have them display with just F1 etc if that's easier. But then the menus require a shift so.

Question: if I'm using Antimicrox to bind existing keyboard shortcuts to gamepad, what's allowed? Only single button presses, ie. F3 for techs menu? Or is modifier + key (ie. alt + m) also allowed? Mentally I consider the latter to be a "single" key press.

So technically yes, this wouldn't be allowed, because here you're holding some buttons and it's doing many things for you without you having to do them.

That's a very literal interpretation of the rule, however what you're doing can also be achieved using in-game chat shortcuts so I'm very surprised you set them up that way. Just set /bank and /lobby to Shift+F1, Shift+F2 etc and just bind that.
I couldn't figure out how to set anything other than pre-rendered chat shortcuts to those. I know this is a bit silly, but are we allowed to map /bank and /lobby to single presses for the sake of a steam deck? I.e. is a server side script going to nuke my account for using that setup? Also thanks for helping setup my steam deck @Matt

I couldn't figure out how to set anything other than pre-rendered chat shortcuts to those. I know this is a bit silly, but are we allowed to map /bank and /lobby to single presses for the sake of a steam deck? I.e. is a server side script going to nuke my account for using that setup? Also thanks for helping setup my steam deck @Matt
Mew has a similar setup wiff her shortcut Shift/up/F11 being /bank for all her characters~! =3

Question: if I'm using Antimicrox to bind existing keyboard shortcuts to gamepad, what's allowed? Only single button presses, ie. F3 for techs menu? Or is modifier + key (ie. alt + m) also allowed? Mentally I consider the latter to be a "single" key press.
I also would like to know if stuff like that is allowed, in my case I use steam to make my keybinds and since controllers only have so many buttons my setup actually end up some extra input lag on top of it.
1685474728416.png

The pre-rendered chat shortcuts are meant to show up there, but if you press the spacebar (like to type normally) it will then allow you to type here and save that as a shortcut.

I also would like to know if stuff like that is allowed, in my case I use steam to make my keybinds and since controllers only have so many buttons my setup actually end up some extra input lag on top of it.
View attachment 19297
Litterally it just means don't have thos buttons on repeat ... so they don't automate stuff... otherwise rebinding keys is fine. Scripts .. bots ect is pretty self explanatory... a no go.
I also assume here with steam input.. that you can't have cycle timed presses either... so one key press and it will rotate between binds on a single key.
IE: Pressing left d-pad cycles 1-6 with two seconds inbetween each key.

Sorry i am late to the party lol

I dont see anyone else asking these questions so i figured i would. I would like to preface saying that i am anti-bot for game oriented content (which i consider mags to be) but pro-bot for non gameplay content (something like QoL stuff. Ex: A steam deck user using a macro to create lobbies). Maybe the ephinea team could release its own macros that are explicitly allowed for certain QoL interactions.

With the intention to prohibit macros entirely this is fine but its going to require more moderation/an automated system to detect macroers. Will you guys be bringing in more staff in order to tackle this issue? And if you go the automated route it may also come with some false-positive scenarios.

Secondly i view this as similarily to when the Anguish nerf took place. Users already had several years to reap its benefits in that case. This leaves new players at a literal disadvantage compared to the rates that existed before for years. The same is the case with mags. Mag botters already had years and years to rake in potentially thousands of PDs. Also they could have hoards of hundreds of already built mags using macros that will continue to be sold for some time to come. They will continue to reap the benefits for some time, and because of the ban they will actually generate many more PDs then they did before. The ban benefits longterm botters EVEN MORE.

A possible solution: i think if the server removed the 3 min cooldown on mags there would be basically no reason to macro at all for mags. Yes they would lose some value compared to hand trained mags in the vanilla format but they would not be valueless due to rare colors, rare builds, mag cells, and the meseta it takes to train them. Thanks for reading my response and i hope you have a good day :)

i think if the server removed the 3 min cooldown on mags there would be basically no reason to macro at all for mags.
As unfortunate as it is that botters have reaped such rewards, I’d be against a change like this.

I also have Feelingstm about the staff not being afraid to fix bad things, even if it means that current and future players miss out, but I’m having trouble putting it in meaningful text.

I think it’s better to gradually improve the play experience over time, than to make sure that all players have an equivalent play experience at the expense of leaving bad things in place.

This leaves new players at a literal disadvantage compared to the rates that existed before for years.
The word "leaves" is quite appropriate here, but the phrase "compared to the rates that existed before for years" is quite misleading. Players have already been at a disadvantage compared to botters. The only way to get on the same playing field is to become a botter. From that perspective, this changes nothing except that botting is no longer viable. There's nothing negative about it for players.

A possible solution: i think if the server removed the 3 min cooldown on mags there would be basically no reason to macro at all for mags.
Surely the admins are just trying to remold the server back to the state they want it in. Taken by itself, removing the mag timer seems like a pretty bad idea. And botting wasn't even against the rules before, so I'd even argue there's not much sense in trying to knock botters down a peg. So I also think the motivation behind it seems like a weak justification.

Back