Room section IDs

todd

Correct me if I am wrong, but room section ID used to change if the party leader changed.

Now it does not.

Or has this never been the case? In Dreamcast version it was always understood the section ID changed with the party leader.

You would see this with the tekker who changed to the section ID of the party leader.

This is not the case on Ephinea. When did this change? The tekker might change with the party leader but the section ID stays the same as the original party creator, correct or no?

It changed with BB. Private servers probably didn't emulate it correctly for a while either.

There are technical reasons for it, which I no longer remember and am too uneducated to guess. :cool:

The technical reason is probably that Sega was too lazy to do it properly and/or forgot that it was supposed to happen at all. :p IIRC Soly tested and found that the Tekker still changes to match the Section ID of the new leader, so keeping the same ID even when the old leader leaves is wrong but is the way it works on all private BB servers at present.

The correct behaviour is just harder to abuse. You can no longer make a team to let somebody else leech your ID and then leave immediately; you have to stay and play together for them to use your ID.

Personally like it changing IDs with the leader.

Only reason I cared is we got into a debate because I thought it still changed with the leader, although I am new to ephinea so I didn't know yet the specific behavior. However the other players said it never changed..

I could not tell being I had no idea it had ever been different. Played DC ver 1 the most for sure with original behavior.

Back