Returning to PSOBB after a big break

Reika

Guildcard
Coming back to PSO after a really long break, ever since the old Schthack went down and I basically lost all my characters. Used to hang around there with a character also named Reika, and I mainly play FOnewearl because I just enjoy the support options when playing with other people and find it comfy when I want to solo stuff. In Discord I also go by burucchi.

Honestly wasn't even aware a server like Ephinea was up, or I think I'd have returned sooner because I can never truly get over this game. Ever since the Dreamcast, and despite PSO2 and now NGS existing, there's some sort of addictive quality that keeps me coming back to it. Would like to thank all the staff for their hard work in keeping it up and hopefully we'll run into each other down in Ragol for some playing in the future!

It sure feels nice to be back and rocking with my good old trusted FOney :)

Coming back to PSO after a really long break, ever since the old Schthack went down and I basically lost all my characters. Used to hang around there with a character also named Reika, and I mainly play FOnewearl because I just enjoy the support options when playing with other people and find it comfy when I want to solo stuff. In Discord I also go by burucchi.

Honestly wasn't even aware a server like Ephinea was up, or I think I'd have returned sooner because I can never truly get over this game. Ever since the Dreamcast, and despite PSO2 and now NGS existing, there's some sort of addictive quality that keeps me coming back to it. Would like to thank all the staff for their hard work in keeping it up and hopefully we'll run into each other down in Ragol for some playing in the future!

It sure feels nice to be back and rocking with my good old trusted FOney :)
SQUEEeeeeeeee! *POUNCES and Examines sniffing all over Rei Rei-san wiff a giggle~!* AAAAaaand yet another lost SCHTHACKER has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up on our little tribe's shore! MOST if not All of us here are also SCHT refugee/Survivors! After the, BETRAYAL! And yes, 'Everyone who has played PSO2 all came running back saying the SAME thing..."It just doesn't have the same CHARM as the Original!". Hell, we've recently seen a surge of unhappy NGS warriors lately, too~! Guess BOUNCING BOOBIES isn't enuff to keep the fanbase alive, eh? *Looks down at her pixelated chest and hops hopelessly* BOUNCE Damn youuuu! =/. Mew likes to see Our Staff as people who actually TRY to Give a Damn about even the smallest detail and Esp. the Individual Player! Without 'You' all, we has NO Drive....NO Purrpose...NO Desire to Improve....ALL that Mushy stuff that makes mew log on EVERY DAY, if not to play...but to at least Make Sure our tribe members are Happy and at least feeling 'involved' <3!
OH! Mew may not be able to replace All your uber swag from your previous life, but she can at least start you off with a decent MIND SATO to get your FOney Mojo flowing again to reclaim your fangs~! Looking forward to Pouncing and Playing wiff you too, again! But Most Importantly, WELCOME HOME~! =3!

SQUEEeeeeeeee! *POUNCES and Examines sniffing all over Rei Rei-san wiff a giggle~!* AAAAaaand yet another lost SCHTHACKER has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up on our little tribe's shore! MOST if not All of us here are also SCHT refugee/Survivors! After the, BETRAYAL! And yes, 'Everyone who has played PSO2 all came running back saying the SAME thing..."It just doesn't have the same CHARM as the Original!". Hell, we've recently seen a surge of unhappy NGS warriors lately, too~! Guess BOUNCING BOOBIES isn't enuff to keep the fanbase alive, eh? *Looks down at her pixelated chest and hops hopelessly* BOUNCE Damn youuuu! =/. Mew likes to see Our Staff as people who actually TRY to Give a Damn about even the smallest detail and Esp. the Individual Player! Without 'You' all, we has NO Drive....NO Purrpose...NO Desire to Improve....ALL that Mushy stuff that makes mew log on EVERY DAY, if not to play...but to at least Make Sure our tribe members are Happy and at least feeling 'involved' <3!
OH! Mew may not be able to replace All your uber swag from your previous life, but she can at least start you off with a decent MIND SATO to get your FOney Mojo flowing again to reclaim your fangs~! Looking forward to Pouncing and Playing wiff you too, again! But Most Importantly, WELCOME HOME~! =3!

Hahaha, very grateful by the warm welcome! And yeah, I've been browsing the forums for the last couple days and definitely noticed some names that are familiar from the old Schthack, which is awesome to see that people are still around and braving Ragol together!

And I thank Mew very much, but I've actually gotten my Sato up to LV120 already, so I'm sure that little fellow will probably be put in better use by someone who's just starting out with no MAG to speak of. And we're sure to bump into each other in-game!!

Hi Reika,

I hope you don't mind me jumping into your topic, but like you I recently came back to PSO and found Ephinea, and like you - and, I'm sure, almost everyone on this site - I've been playing PSO on and off since day 1 of the NA release on DC. Also, like you, my main has always been a HUne.

On DC and on both GC versions I played a HUnewearl. I also spent a lot of time in the GC version playing a RAmarl. At one point - I forget who was maintaining the charts, or if they were even "official," but anyway - at one point my RAmarl was one of the ten highest level RAmarls in the NA servers. For whatever that is worth. XD. Just a rambling way to say I love PSO and no other game has ever scratched the itch for me that PSO scratches and I am glad I found Ephinea. I can't get over how beautifully PSO runs via Ephinea. I'm starting my characters over from scratch, starting with my redria RAmarl. Once she gets a God/Battle (or is it Heavenly/Battle now?) she'll farm an extra and then my skyly HUnewearl will come back onto the stage.

I'll see you all around in Ephinea.

EDIT:
I actually found this place four years ago, but at that time I mostly trying to find a way to download a version of PSOBB to my PC that I could run locally so that I would never lose my characters. I found something like that at some point and then didn't come back here until earlier this week. Just posting that because I was surprised when I came here earlier this week and discovered I'd already set up an account here - four years ago! - but for some bizarro reason didn't play on Ephinea. Weirdness I guess. Anywho...

Last edited:
Hi Reika,

I hope you don't mind me jumping into your topic, but like you I recently came back to PSO and found Ephinea, and like you - and, I'm sure, almost everyone on this site - I've been playing PSO on and off since day 1 of the NA release on DC. Also, like you, my main has always been a HUne.

On DC and on both GC versions I played a HUnewearl. I also spent a lot of time in the GC version playing a RAmarl. At one point - I forget who was maintaining the charts, or if they were even "official," but anyway - at one point my RAmarl was one of the ten highest level RAmarls in the NA servers. For whatever that is worth. XD. Just a rambling way to say I love PSO and no other game has ever scratched the itch for me that PSO scratches and I am glad I found Ephinea. I can't get over how beautifully PSO runs via Ephinea. I'm starting my characters over from scratch, starting with my redria RAmarl. Once she gets a God/Battle (or is it Heavenly/Battle now?) she'll farm an extra and then my skyly HUnewearl will come back onto the stage.

EDIT:
I actually found this place four years ago, but at that time I mostly trying to find a way to download a version of PSOBB to my PC that I could run locally so that I would never lose my characters. I found something like that at some point and then didn't come back here until earlier this week. Just posting that because I was surprised when I came here earlier this week and discovered I'd already set up an account here - four years ago! - but for some bizarro reason didn't play on Ephinea. Weirdness I guess. Anywho...
Well, you'll be happy to know we don't delete accounts here, no matter HOW long players have been away~! Aaaand VERY Glad we are purrforming at your level of expectations~! LOTS of happy warriors here and we are Blessed to count you among our little family! Welcome Home~! =3

Hi Reika,

EDIT:
Welcome back. . .again!

I'm fairly sure we played a few games back in the day. I used to hang out with those same "Antares" people piling up nonsensical posts on Gamefaqs. We sure had a blast back then. Ward posted one time on here, but I couldn't get a reply back from him. Would be fun to game with some old friends after soo many years later. My main character back then was Thundar and a few others.

And now to be useful, there are 2 game types currently. Classic which is only on Devaloka, has EP4 omitted and just about everything that came with it. It's a GCesque only ship. So there, the best you can do is God/Battle. Everywhere else other than Devaloka, you can get a Heavenly/Battle or even better a V101 (which has H/Battle built in) with extra stats.

Feel free to hop on Discord where you'll find quite a bit of activity regarding the game. Enjoy!

Oh and you can do lots of other fun things now as well. Like being able to create 32 characters per account, shared inventory between all of them (Classic chars are separate from normal though) and you can even download your characters inventory and view them offline which helps a ton when you have 10+ characters to sift through ;)

Last edited:
Hey there Qwid aka Thundar!

I remember you very well. And you guessed it! I also used to be one of the Antares players from GameFAQs. I posted as Zack Waters and my HUnewearl was Platinum and my RAmarl was Zenith. I'm recreating both characters on Ephinea.

I would truly enjoy playing with you again. Let me get a few levels under my belt and then let's do it! I will definitely jump on Disc and join in the conversation there as well.

And thank you Harborer of Hope (if it's ok, I'll called you HoH for now on). What a cool welcome.

EDIT:
Btw. I'm glad you mentioned the v101. That is totally worth hunting for!

Last edited:

I remember you very well. And you guessed it! I also used to be one of the Antares players from GameFAQs. I posted as Zack Waters and my HUnewearl was Platinum and my RAmarl was Zenith. I'm recreating both characters on Ephinea.

I would truly enjoy playing with you again. Let me get a few levels under my belt and then let's do it! I will definitely jump on Disc and join in the conversation there as well.

And thank you Harborer of Hope (if it's ok, I'll called you HoH for now on). What a cool welcome.

EDIT:
It's just "mew" luv! 22 years and simply been known as "mew"~! <3

EDIT:
Oh course I remember Zack Waters. I just never put 2 and 2 together to realize he was the same person as Platinum. It's been a long 20+ years, I can say that. I never really did have a great memory lol. We'll see you in Forest 3 Mr. Waters!

Heya!
I'm currently in a lil bit of a break myself, but the PSO crave always comes back. Sooner or later we're gonna roll and slam some ragolians together.

Might take a bit before I'll see you in game, but for now, welcome aboard!

Back